Re: Rolen update???
Originally Posted by RedsManRick
Reading between the lines, my take:
- Rolen would like to play, but has little interest in playing elsewhere
- Reds offered him a chance to compete for a spot on a bench and a relatively small salary (e.g. $1MM)
- Rolen wanted a commitment of at least some kind of regular playing time and more money (e.g. $4MM)
- Reds told Rolen that if he wanted to come back on their terms, they wouldn't rule out the possibility later in the year, but that they had to move forward with a set plan for ST.
- Rolen doesn't want to close the door, in case something should happen (like an injury to Frazier), but isn't interested in coming back on the Reds terms
This sounds likely to me.
"All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH
Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS