Originally Posted by dougdirt
At the ultimate upside, he doesn't. But I think Bryson Smith has at least a 60% chance to actually be a Major Leaguer. Constante is what, 5% at this point? At best?
You are right. There isn't a ton of upside there. But there is a relatively high floor.
So a guy that has a 60% chance of being negligibly useful and a 40% chance of being of no worth at all is better than a guy that has a 5% chance of being an impact starting pitcher? I haven't seen Smith, so maybe I'm misunderstanding what his upside is, but the base principle seems questionable to me.