Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 4
The draft is going to start on Friday, March 8th at Noon Cincinnati time.
As usual, each team owner will have 10 hours to make his pick. Your timer starts the moment the previous pick is posted on the league message board. After 10 hours has elapsed the pick is skipped and the next owner is on the clock. Skipped picks can be made whenever you can get online and post the pick.
The draft order is posted in the yellow Commissioner's Note area of the league home page and is also in the league thread on Redszone.
Tornon has the first pick of the draft. Picks can be made prior to Noon on March 8th but the actual 10-hour timers will not start until that date.
If you would like to receive a text message when it is your turn to draft send me a message with your cell phone number. You are still responsible for your own 10-hour timer even if you don't get a text message, but I will send you a text as soon as I see it is your turn.
Please remember to email the next owner after you have made your pick. This will speed up the draft.
Good luck with your draft, and leave a good player for me!
1. You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
3. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds.
4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
5. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
8. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
9. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings.
10. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.
11. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
12. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.
Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-26-2013 at 09:57 AM.