Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions regarding the NA roster. I got lots of good feedback. The early results showed a preference for going straight to 5 NA slots this year, but then some folks started having some reticence and stated their desire to start small.
When we made changes to the rules in prior years we only made slow gradual changes. After reading your opinions I have decided to slow down and make only a small change this year. For that reason, we will start with only 2 NA slots this season. I realize some of you want to go straight to the full 5 NA slots, but since we already had our draft and this new roster option was only made available after we had already made our plans it seems best that we start off slow with 2 slots now and ramp it up to 5 slots next year.
So here is the plan:
- If you have any remaining draft picks, skipped picks or passed picks you must use them by Midnight Thursday night / Friday morning. Any picks left unused by Midnight Thursday will expire and be lost. Once the draft is over do not add any free agents.
- I will enable the NA roster after Midnight Thursday night / Friday morning. At that time you may begin transferring players from your active roster to your new NA roster.
- We will have a two-round Supplemental Draft starting at Noon on Friday March 29th. It will work the same as our yearly slow draft except we will use 8 hour timers per pick. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's standings to give the rebuilding teams a little extra boost.
- You can still keep minor leaguers on your active roster if you like. Many teams will want to keep more prospects in addition to the ones on their NA roster.
- Any player with an NA label can be put on the NA roster even if they are not minor leaguers.
- During this Supplemental Draft you can select your choice of either NA-eligible players or major league players if you have opened a roster spot by transferring another player who was already on your active roster to the NA roster.
- Since everyone will have two fresh NA roster slots we will not need to drop a player to make your supplemental draft pick. (see exception below*)
*One important consideration, if you draft a minor league player for your NA roster you will need to first add him to your active roster before transferring him to the NA roster. If you do not have an open active roster slot you won't be able to pick up the drafted player without temporarily
dropping someone first. You can temporarily
drop the player without losing him. In this situation make sure to state in the message when you post your pick that the player you dropped needs to go back on your team. I will then take the player off waivers and add him back to your team.
I realize this Supplemental Draft may not be finished before Opening Day. It might be a minor annoyance, but it is not a major issue. The players you are drafting in the Supplemental Draft are not likely to be worthy of your starting lineup right now anyway. If the draft runs a couple days over into the season it will be OK.
2013 Supplemental Draft Order:
s1.2 Will M
s1.7 The BaseCloggers
s1.8 Camisadelgolf is #1
s1.9 TRF's Debacle
s1.11 Atomic Dumpling
s2.2 Will M
s2.7 The BaseCloggers
s2.8 Camisadelgolf is #1
s2.9 TRF's Debacle
s2.11 Atomic Dumpling