Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition
PG Andrew Harrison
PG Jarrod Polson
SG/ SF Aaron Harrison
SG/ SF James Young
SG/ SF Jon Hood
SF/ PF Alex Poythress
PF Julius Randle
PF/ C Marcus Lee
PF/ C Kyle Wiltjer
C Willie Cauley-Stein
PF Derek Willis
C Dakari Johnson
Six questions spring to mind:
1) Will this negatively impact Wiggins' decision? Poythress' minutes could very well cut into his, were he to commit.
2) Does this make Kyle Wiltjer, the SEC Sixth Man of the Year in 2013, the third-string power forward playing basically the same minutes as, say, a Jon Hood?
3) Does Calipari allow practices to be taped? Are NBA guys allowed to watch practices? There are nine legitimate possible pros on that team-- ten if Wiggins decides to pull the trigger. How will Calipari split minutes without angering someone?
4) Could this become another Season Without Joy, similar to the pressure on the 1978 squad that was expected to win it all? How does Calipari combat that pressure?
5) Is 40-0 possible? Would it take Wiggins to make it so? Another year of seasoning, perhaps?
6) To those that are convinced he's cheating, is this going to be the year where we find out? [Hater] It's likely impossible to have this many talented kids happy all at once with playing time and shots hoisted-- is it only a matter of time before one of them transfers and tells the world that World Wide Wes is really paying tens of thousands under the table? [/Hater]
Would it be the biggest case of collective schadenfreude ever if UK doesn't win next season and it all falls apart, much like this season? Will Mark Emmert spontaneously combust before he hands yet another trophy to Calipari at Kentucky? Will Kentucky fans actually enjoy themselves next season, or will they allow the worry of a loss cloud what could be a historic season?
"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
-- Christy Matthewson
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
-- Leo Durocher