My simple observations watching last night's game?....
- that home plate ump was ridiculous IMO, squeezing both pitchers, especially on the corners. You had to throw it down the heart of the plate to get a called strike it seemed. I saw frustration in both Burnett and Leake.
- a bad 2nd inning for Leake, but after that he pitched pretty darn good.
- I'm usually supportive of Dusty, but came out of my chair in the top of the 6th when he allowed Leake to hit just so he could squeeze another inning out of him. Burnett was over 100 pitches thrown, Mesoraco just dbls off him to score Cozart, and we're drawing closer (5-3). Yeah, I know that Leake is a good hitter. But there were still better on the bench. Frazier, Paul, anyone.
- and speaking of Cozart... I think he should be moved even further down in the batting order. Like 12th? I really have no confidence in him when I see him walk to the plate, and especially in scoring situations. .114 BA .111 OB% .286 SLG% .397 OPS
Where in the heck is Juan Castro when we need him??
- Impressed with Hannahan's hitting this game.
- Jay Bruce, so far, is not having a good April.
- I realize it's early, but JJ Hoover, right now, like the vacuum cleaner - sucks!
We'll get'em today!