My first post, be kind.
What's the best current starting lineup we can field (not counting players on DL, hope no more get there!) ?
I'm not a baseball expert, just a Big Reds fan. My frame of reference goes back to the '70 team when I missed a week of school with a mysterious
stomach ailment to watch World Series day baseball Reds vs. Orioles.
I've followed the current Reds more closely the past few years, and a good friend and I were trying to put together our best starting lineup with the current available players. I want 3 players at the top of the lineup that get on base (think Rose, Griffey, Morgan), then 3 that can knock them in (think Bench, Perez, Foster), then everyone else.
Granted, any team I put together with players from today is not going to measure up to that '75 team (just finished re-watching that series on DVD, wonderful!--I noted players sure were "smaller" back then!), but my lineup so far is:
1. Choo (wonderful addition! not convinced on centerfield yet)
2. Robinson over Paul (close stats OBP and AVG -- speed a difference?, I'm struggling with this spot)
3. Votto (good to see him start to come around)
5. Frazier (wonderful addition!)
6. Bruce (pretty cold so far, we need him to warm up soon)
7. Mesoraco (now that Hanigan is on the DL)
9. Latos (now that Cueto is on the DL)
Would welcome your input! Go Reds!