Re: Why is Parra on this team instead of Arredondo?
Five reasons Parra should not be on this team:
1. 8 hits and 5 earned runs given up in last 2.3 innings pitched. 16 hits in less than 7 innings overall. The guy is getting pounded.
2. Does not fit the loogy role because he walks too many and has control issues.
3. Limited versatility. Only reliable enough to pitch in mop-up for blow outs...which don't happen all that often.
4. Pitches high in the zone and fastball is thrown straight as an arrow. Here it is boys....
5. Parra has absolutely no consistent history of MLB success. The fact that the Brewers let him go and they had a terrible bullpen the last few years should tell you something.
Also, isn't he supposed to be a long man? Sure, he had one good inning last night but isn't the long man supposed to get desirable results for more than one inning?