Originally Posted by dougdirt
Don't get your hopes up.... he probably signs for at least 80% of what the Reds are allowed to spend in total and for a guy as high profile as he is, if the Reds were in on him, we probably would know by now and they haven't been linked at all with him that I have seen.
I agree it's highly unlikely although for arguments sake we also had no idea Reds were in on Chapman. If I were running the team, I'd have no problem spending 80% of this years cap on Torres and signing a bunch of other lower tier guys with the remaining 20%. He could be the next Profar or Sano (of course he could be a total washout too).