Originally Posted by 757690
1. Worst timed post on Redszone... ever. Seriously.
2. Allen Craig has a -1.5 UZR rating overall. He's a poor fielding 1B.
3. Allen Craig is around a 3 win 1B or LF. That's fine if he's cheap, like Craig is, but nothing special. 1B and LF are sluggers positions. They should be better than just good hitters because they are playing the least valuable defensive positions on the field. They should be your best hitters, not just good hitters.
4. Allen Craig's BA with RISP is driven by an unsustainable BABIP. It will not continue. Plus, It's a horrible way to judge a player's overall talent.
5. Why did the All-Star team need three 1B? Plenty of players at other positions much more deserving. Craig had a year high .872 OPS at the All-Star break. It's now .827. No way he makes the All-Star team as a poor fielding 1B with a .827 OPS.
And of course I would like to have Craig on the Reds. But that doesn't mean he's not overrated. He's not an All-Star or even an above average player. He's just a good player. And yet the guy is listed on most MVP lists. That's the perfect definition of overrated.
I guess 1 of his 3 wins was last night