Re: Your Top 10 prospects in the Reds system?
1.Encarnacion - Great bat and has range at 3B like most young players he can get lazy at times with his footwork which causes bad throws, easily correctable
2. Moseley- Dominating AA and has succeed at AAA before at 21 now at 22 he is projecting very nicely into a #2 or #3 starter.
3. Wagner - Worries me that he cannot locate his fastball, love his power arm in the back of the pen though.
4. Votto- Mashing in Low A and he is young for the level, he should progress very nicely.
5. Claussen - Struggling some but the high K numbers show that he should improve.
6. Gardner- Throwing great at High A and might earn a promotion soon. He struggled in the All Star game but that doesn't worry me at all.
7. Nelson - Got rocked at AAA but no doubting his stuff and what he can be. If he gains his comand back he could start in the Reds rotation in '05.
8. Bergolla - Far from a finished product and doesnt take too many walks but he is hitting well and he can fly. He is showing a slighty better BB rate this season potential top of the order guy.
9. Blanco- Power is unreal right now in High A and he could make the jump to AA soon, he can play multiple positions and has all the physical tools.
10. Pauly- Good K rate at High A and overall has pretty solid stuff accross the board. A college guy who is advanced could be a starter or even a power set up guy.
17. Miguel Perez
18. Jim Paduch
19.Wily Jo Ronda
20. Kevin Howard
22. Hector Tiburico
23. Joe Valentine
24. Ranier Feliz
25. Calvin Medlock
I also didnt include this years draftees or the injured guys: Hall, Basham, Howington, and Aramboles.