Opening Day will be a microcosm of the REDS' 2002 season:
1) The REDS will get 3 runs or less against the opposing starter (Lieber will actually only give up one run, but I'll give the REDS the benefit of the doubt.).
2) The REDS staff will give up 5 runs or more.
3) The REDS defense will make an error (or passed ball).
4) Bob Boone will do something stupid.
5) Junior, Larkin, or Aaron Boone will have to leave the game because of an injury (or they won't even be in it to begin with).
6) Some REDS fans will still think the team can reach the playoffs.
Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."