Re: Your "I just don't get it" list
1) Wes Anderson movies. Juvenile and boring, yet the scarf-wearing, video-store types love 'em. Don't get it.
2) Kevin Smith movies. (see above)
3) Jam Bands. I kinda wish I did get it, but I don't
4) Bush - not trying to be political here. I "got" Reagan in that I understood, to a degree, the appeal even as I hated his administration. But, I've never wanted to have a beer with this President.
5) Meg Ryan - a face like a muppet and your mom's bad perm.
6) The short-sleeve t-shirt over long-sleeve t-shirt look. Does the short-sleeve one make you toasty warm?
7) Jack Black - fat doesn't always equal funny.
8) Jimmy Fallon - He's good-looking and a good mimic. But funny? No.
9) And to pile on, NASCAR and auto racing in general. IMO, sports should be a break from technology.
The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle