Re: Calling all web developers...
Hey TRF - I'm a Software Engineer, and have recently been tasked with finding a suitable CMS for our Intranet/Internet/Extranet. I have a ton of requirements from various groups in the company. I'm currently in the process of compiling the requirements into a list to go off of.
Here's just of brief list of key components that I would find useful in a CMS. Keep in mind a lot of these requirements are based on an Intranet site. I'm not sure what phpWebsite offers, I'll have to take a look. Once I'm done compiling our list, I should be able to add more.
1. A training module, where in house training guides can be kept, as well as schedules of upcoming company training, where users can sing up for said training courses.
2. Version management of documents, especially on shared documents.
3. Intergration into LDAP, particularly if the CMS is Unix based.
4. Employee time management, time sheets, vacation requests.
5. Calendar system, ideally that can be integrated into Exchange calendar(?)
6. Phone directory, one that can be customized for either a particular department in a company or the whole company.
I'm sure the calendar and phone directory are staples in most CMS systems, but from experience using SharePoint, they aren't quite as customizable as I would have liked.
Like I said, hopefully soon I'll be able to add more things as I go through the requirements I have.