Originally Posted by Mutaman
Lets sum up:
1. Jaycint seems like a nice enough guy.
2. Rredsfaithful seems like a nice enough guy (and I like his politics).
3. Many whites are biased against people of color and some commit hate crimes.
4. Many people of color are biased against whites and some commit hate crimes.
The issue is: Does the media emphasize fact number 3 and downplay fact number 4?
Not in the media I watch ie- the New York tabloids.
5. Do Rush and Druge ect ect constantly assert that the media is biased against whites and religious people and the rest of the not so silent majority ? You betcha. Its to distract you all from the stuff that really matters.
1. Totally agree, he's a really nice guy!
2. Would agree with this also, just because RF and I don't see eye to eye on this doesn't mean we can't agree on anything else. I would say with almost certainty he's a nice guy also. (although it sounds like our politics don't match
The issue: This is the only place where our opinions part paths. I can't speak to the New York tabloids specifically since I don't read them, I take you on your word that they are fair and even handed in their coverage of crimes like this. I'm speaking more of the national media, network 6:00 world news types of programs. In the instance of those programs I feel like the coverage is slanted somewhat.
5. Agreed on Rush and Drudge. However for every Rush and Drudge I would offer up a Bill Maher or Jerry Springer on the opposite end of the politcal spectrum. They are just as guilty in my opinion of "propagandizing" for their political interests as are the Rushes and Drudges of the world.
Summation: I think I have pretty well gotten across my feelings on the matter as have the other guys involved. Can we just let this one drift off into the sunset now fellas?