Re: Car Buying Advice?
Personally, I LOVE buying cars. My rules:
1) Never buy new. Okay, you're exempt from that since you want to spend your GM bucks.
2) Know how much you are willing to spend before you go in.
3) Do not tell anyone how much you are willing to spend.
4) Get your financing somewhere other than the dealership.
5) Remember, EVERYTHING is negotiable, from the price of the vehicle to the cost of an extended warranty. Everything. Don't get sucked into thinking you are finished purchasing a car just because you have settled on the price. This is why having your own financing lined up is advantageous; it allows you to negotiate a potentially better deal from the dealer.
6) Don't worry if a deal doesn't work out. GM is producing way more cars than they can sell right now. If your understanding of the real value of the car is correct, you will be able to get that price.
7) Do you have a trade in? Know how much it is really worth. Get the price from kb.com, or edmunds.com.
8) Everything you need to know about every car can be found online.
Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.