Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
People who made negative comments anonymously were not acting mature in the first place.
why I should ding you anonymously... oops, but now I can't
I've done anonymous negs against posters who were getting personal with other posters, which bugs me. The reason that I tried this was because in the past I've tried posts, pms, and nonanonymous negs, to no real effect (more often to draw personal attacks on moi, which I really don't have time for). So I tried giving out the proverbial black jellybean-- the anonymous post
No surprise-- the anonymous negs didn't seem to have much effect either
but I'll come clean:
1. WVRed and savafan, I'm still not a fan of witch hunts. No need to threaten a poster with an organized barrage of negs
2. Jax: who dug up an old Stormy post about Harang: my comment was pot, kettle regarding pitcher projections (it was an entertaining thread, though)
3. steve, I suggested that you not pile on against Jax because M2 had already made a great case about Osvaldo Perez
4. TeamDunn, I urged a pm to ws1990reds, not a post that was a personal attack
5. to Aronchis, I suggested being more polite to RedLegJake instead of saying something like "great post, for a layman"
6. I think that I negged Redsland for being condescending about the RedsLive posters even though he was trying to encourage them. Just pointing that out, and just trying to figure out how much my negs were actually worth. I gave him a positive later, because Redsland is a terrific poster
I think that there were a couple of others, but I can't remember 'em
I've received quite a few, but do not wish to know who sent 'em. I respect your anonymity.
The positive ratings are like those little valentine candies with sayings like "Let's instant message." But personally, I've always loved black jellybeans. Neg away