Re: Clarifying thread titles
I think this would be easier to convey if we had some guidelines about thread titles. Here's my contribution.
1. If a new post is mainly about a person and something they did, the subject of the post should include:
a. the person's name
b. the thing they did
Example: Let's say Ryan Freel hit an inside-the-park HR in yesterday's game and you think it was great...
Some good thread titles that include both a and b would be:
- Ryan Freel's inside the park HR was amazing!
- Freel's inside-the-park shot
Some bad thread titles would be:
- Freel is freaking awesome!
- Where does he get that speed?
- Inside the park...
- About Ryan Freel yesterday
- Freel rips one
- Not much offense, but one great display of it
- Impressive yesterday
- Ryan Freel!
Not picking on anyone in particular... I'm just sayin' that none of the "bad" subjects tells me the main subject of the thread is about Freel's HR. I might be able to guess that from the ones that contained Freel's name, but why should I have to? If I wanted to make a post about it, I would have a hard time guessing most of those "bad" subjects were discussing it because they don't contain "a" and "b" above. A couple of the subjects I posted contained neither "a" nor "b."
Anyone else have some ideas for guidelines?