April 15 is quite a day in history:
* 1865... Abraham Lincoln dies from John Wilkes Booth's bullet. Was shot on the evening of the 14th, but did not pass away until the next morning.
* 1912... see above story!
* 1913... Taxes are due! If you owe Uncle Sam, then you know this date well. It is the date you must ante up, go on the lam or face late charges.
* 1919... British troops slay 400 people in India.
* 1953... 6 people are killed when a bomb explodes in Buenos Aires.
* 1958... someone steals Buddy Holly's Fender Strat!
* 1982... Billy Joel almost dies in a motorcycle accident. Joel's bday is today BTW (May 9).
* 1984... 10 family members are found murdered. An infant is found alive crawling on the slain family members
* 1989... 93 people are killed at an overcrowded soccer staium in England.
Not a history buff. Just know that my only sister was born on this date and I have teased her about the history of April 15 since she was young. Even today as adults I still write about the history of the day in her b-day card (she gets a kick out of it).