Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB investigating region in PED war - ESPN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MLB investigating region in PED war - ESPN

Major League Baseball is investigating multiple wellness clinics in South Florida, as well as individuals with potential ties to players, armed with the belief that the region stretching 50 miles south from Boca Raton to Miami is "ground zero" for performance-enhancing drugs still filtering into the game.
    MLB also is known to have a heightened angst about players' potential easy access to banned substances from the South Florida clinics, particularly because many of the most recent busts have a local connection -- among them, Ramirez, Cabrera, Yasmani Grandal, and Bartolo Colon.
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8884955

Re: MLB investigating region in PED war - ESPN

Man, this sure is an awesome place to live!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

IIRC, Arod is also under investigation. Or his trainer is...I forget the actual story but saw it just a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    IIRC, Arod is also under investigation. Or his trainer is...I forget the actual story but saw it just a few days ago.
    I just read the article and saw over weekend the Yankees said Arod could miss all of next season with injuries. He may have played his last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_ IN Reds fan View Post
    I just read the article and saw over weekend the Yankees said Arod could miss all of next season with injuries. He may have played his last game.
    It's amazing how many extended injuries and sudden performance collapses and subsequent retirements happened since legit testing was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    It's amazing how many extended injuries and sudden performance collapses and subsequent retirements happened since legit testing was installed.

Isn't that something that occurrs anyway in all eras?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Isn't that something that occurrs anyway in all eras?
    Right around 2004-2005 we saw a whole lot of "great" players get crazy old really fast. And a few had mysterious ailments that made them miss a whole lot of time. Unsure if this time period was in line with the history if the game.

I got blasted and threatened via PM for speaking factually about MLB and it's continuing PED war.

If I was a talent evaluator or a GM risking big money I'd be extremely cautious with a certain subset of players.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I got blasted and threatened via PM for speaking factually about MLB and it's continuing PED war.

If I was a talent evaluator or a GM risking big money I'd be extremely cautious with a certain subset of players.
    And if you are getting ready to splash millions of dollars in cash on someone, I believe you would be negligent if you didn't at least raise the question.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Wait, what?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sorry Gio, Nelson, etc.

three-month investigation by the New Times as allegedly revealed links between a Miami PED clinic called Biogenesis and six prominent MLB players: Gio Gonzalez, Alex Rodriguez, Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Yasmani Grandal, and Bartolo Colon.
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...st-names/full/

Wow...this could be huge.

Ouch. And this place kept pretty detailed records of everything too. A-Rod was still using last year, even with all the scrutiny of being under a steroid-user cloud already?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Ouch. And this place kept pretty detailed records of everything too. A-Rod was still using last year, even with all the scrutiny of being under a steroid-user cloud already?
    His whole career is most likely a fraud. He had no choice to continue using.

Hopefully people stop being so PC now and start asking tough questions. Maybe organizations already do this on some level, I bet the smart one's have.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

His whole career is most likely a fraud. He had no choice to continue using.

Hopefully people stop being so PC now and start asking tough questions. Maybe organizations already do this on some level, I bet the smart one's have.
    You really think discussing the PEDs issue has been hampered by a PC filter? Really, because I've heard practically every player in the last decade not named JR get labeled after oing on a streak. PC is treating JR like he is above reproach.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?