Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB investigating region in PED war - ESPN

Re: MLB investigating region in PED war - ESPN

Read the story -- http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...st-names/full/

Gio's dad went to the clinic, said it was to lose weight. Walt's deal last winter for Latos and including Grandal, rather than trade for Gio with the A's looks like quite the move.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    His whole career is most likely a fraud. He had no choice to continue using.

Hopefully people stop being so PC now and start asking tough questions. Maybe organizations already do this on some level, I bet the smart one's have.
    You really think discussing the PEDs issue has been hampered by a PC filter? Really, because I've heard practically every player in the last decade not named JR get labeled after oing on a streak. PC is treating JR like he is above reproach.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Blanket accusations are just as bad as saying no one does anything as far as I'm concerned.

The truth lies somewhere in-between, apologists and witch hunts just create noise and false realities.
    You are my favorite poster here, yet your naive and cavalier approach to this subject is mind blowing.

A McCarthy type witch hunt is happening. Really? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    You are my favorite poster here, yet your naive and cavalier approach to this subject is mind blowing.

A McCarthy type witch hunt is happening. Really? Where?
    Right here... We have what seven Latin names and folks want to eschew all latins

It's madness !!!

Madness I tell you!!!

I just like to stoke the coals anyway

Cause we really only know what we get in bits and pieces

I'm guessing A-Rod has played his last MLB game. If I'm the Yankees, I'm looking into nullifying his contract.

I think this puts him above Bonds as Clemens as the poster boy for PED's.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    mlbtr.com is saying Gio Gonzalez is being linked to PED's by some Miami supplier. Anyone heard anymore about this?
    Seriously?

Right here... We have what seven Latin names and folks want to eschew all latins

It's madness !!!

Madness I tell you!!!
    Without doing any sort of detailed analysis, if you took the top 15 Latin players of the last 20 years, how many have not been named yet?

There are plenty of non Latin players involved, obviously, however I think it is fair to say that the rise of the Latin ball player in recent years had a copilot.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Without doing any sort of detailed analysis, if you took the top 15 Latin players of the last 20 years, how many have not been named yet?

There are plenty of non Latin players involved, obviously, however I think it is fair to say that the rise of the Latin ball player in recent years had a copilot.
    Mariano Rivera?

Carlos Beltran, Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, Jose Reyes, Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre, Adrian Gonzalez, Felix Hernandez, Hanley Ramirez, Johan Santana, Jorge Posada, Bob Abreu, Pedro Martinez, Vlad Guerrero, Nomar Garciaparra, Alfonso Soriano, Roberto Alomar, Carlos Delgado, Johnny Cueto, Aroldis Chapman, Javier Vazquez

Far as I'm aware none of them have had a serious allegation of any substance lodged against them.

And before you go trying to pick names off that list remember we could perform that same exercise with any list of players.

Your post is exactly what I suspect WOY was talking about. So a cluster of players in south Florida are under suspicion and now you're jumping to the assertion that Latin players have proliferated the past two decades because of PED. I maintain they percolated to the surface the same way as black players in the 1960s and Irish players in the 1880s.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Blanket accusations are just as bad as saying no one does anything as far as I'm concerned.

The truth lies somewhere in-between, apologists and witch hunts just create noise and false realities.
    Yep.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Carlos Beltran, Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, Jose Reyes, Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre, Adrian Gonzalez, Felix Hernandez, Hanley Ramirez, Johan Santana, Jorge Posada, Bob Abreu, Pedro Martinez, Vlad Guerrero, Nomar Garciaparra, Alfonso Soriano, Roberto Alomar, Carlos Delgado, Johnny Cueto, Aroldis Chapman, Javier Vazquez

Far as I'm aware none of them have had a serious allegation of any substance lodged against them.

And before you go trying to pick names off that list remember we could perform that same exercise with any list of players.

Your post is exactly what I suspect WOY was talking about. So a cluster of players in south Florida are under suspicion and now you're jumping to the assertion that Latin players have proliferated the past two decades because of PED. I maintain they percolated to the surface the same way as black players in the 1960s and Irish players in the 1880s.
    You completely ducked the question.

All players are not guilty. But it doesn't take some sort of expert to perform a reasonable analysis.
    You've known all along? Well let's just stop testing then. You can go ahead clean up the whole game by picking out the guys who "walk like a duck"...and Latins.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    You've known all along? Well let's just stop testing then. You can go ahead clean up the whole game by picking out the guys who "walk like a duck"...and Latins.
    You can try and twist my words around but it won't work.

PEDs testing has already caught hundreds of players. I'd say it works pretty good. If you are taking PEDs you will get caught sooner or later, likely sooner.

MLB only started testing for HGH in 2012 and then only in Spring Training and then only random testing.

Now they are going to test for HGH year-round and everyone is likely to be tested at least once each year. The guys that have been taking it up til now had better give it up.

I am all for drug testing and cleaning up the sport, but I don't think PEDs have had nearly the effect that most people think they did. The data clearly show that the effects of PEDs have been dramatically overblown. Let's get rid of the cheating and the cheaters, but this is not a major crisis that ruins the game.

Turn Off Ads?