Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    First-round co-leader Adam Scott is breaking away from the rest of the field. Following up on his 5-under first round, Scott has chipped three more strokes off of par in his first seven holes. He stands alone at -8, three strokes up on his closest competitor.
    Rory McIlroy is dropping it likes it hot. 4 over on his front nine today. He moves from -1 to +3. Phil is at even through seven, one stroke better than par on his second round. Tiger is still out on the range, whacking golf balls into submission no doubt.
    Adam Scott is on fire, but I just can't root for anyone who uses one of those putters.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I really like Adam Scott's game. Is he the best Swiss athlete since Federer?

I like Phil's candidness. I was watching a little of The Golf Channel's "Live From" where they said Phil went to the range after he was done playing. They said they can remember only 3 times ever that Phil has done that. I wonder if he knows that this is one of his last great seasons? He is playing with a sense of urgency in the majors.

I'm sure the Swiss would be disappointed to give the title of best Swiss athlete to an Aussie.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm sure the Swiss would be disappointed to give the title of best Swiss athlete to an Aussie.
    Sure but he declares that his home country now. I thought that was ironic when I first heard it.

6. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-09-2013)

Yeah, I know. I still think it would be funny.

My top 3 players in terms of who I enjoy watching were the morning featured group yesterday. I wish they would have played better.

I was impressed with Keegan. He was way out if sync in the morning and had a chance to put up some big numbers but held it together and amazingly still got under par.

n/m
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-09-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Wrong thread!

Pulling big time for Jonas Blixt today.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

War dufner eagle!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'd like to see Rory go crazy low and get in the mix.

Good work by Dufner today. I like him a lot and it's cool to see him win.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Good work by Dufner today. I like him a lot and it's cool to see him win.
    It was almost like he had to force a little fist pump out of himself after he won. I like him though, not very long but he strikes the ball really well.

15. Likes:

TSJ55 (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It was almost like he had to force a little fist pump out of himself after he won. I like him though, not very long but he strikes the ball really well.
    Ha! I know it. I started thinking about, and was anxious to see, what his reaction was going to be if he held on. Patting his wife on the butt when she hugged him on the 18th green was a good touch (pun) as well.
    Last edited by TSJ55; 08-12-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Just received an email from an Aussie supporter group requesting my services for the Presidents cup again this year like 2 years ago. Free tickets for all 4 days and 5 nights accom all paid for on the condition we dress up and support the Internationals. Only catch is i'm due in Costa Rica at that time so need to re-arrange a few things and try and get there. 2 years ago was awesome we got the tickets from Greg Norman and were treated like royalty.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Just received an email from an Aussie supporter group requesting my services for the Presidents cup again this year like 2 years ago. Free tickets for all 4 days and 5 nights accom all paid for on the condition we dress up and support the Internationals. Only catch is i'm due in Costa Rica at that time so need to re-arrange a few things and try and get there. 2 years ago was awesome we got the tickets from Greg Norman and were treated like royalty.
    Nice work if you can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?