Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

No Tiger at the Masters. That will make it a bit less interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He must be seriously hurt to miss The Masters. Phil might miss it as well. Seems as if golf is into a transition phase.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He must be seriously hurt to miss The Masters. Phil might miss it as well. Seems as if golf is into a transition phase.
    Surgery for a pinched nerve. That's pretty serious. Half the time, it's just a band-aid fix even with the surgery.

Always love the Masters. Never been there, though.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It won't seem like The Masters without Tiger or Phil. I'll still watch every bit of it, but it won't be the same.

Yes, golf is in the beginnings of a transition. Since the late 90s, it's been Tiger and Phil, and while they still have some good golf left, the sport needs someone(s) to step up and be the next guy and start winning consistently. Finchem took over a couple of years before Tiger came onto the scene and has 2 years left. Golf is definitely in a transition period, but it's gone through transitions before and remained strong.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    ... and while they still have some good golf left, the sport needs someone(s) to step up and be the next guy and start winning consistently.
    Jordan Spieth looks like the logical choice right now. Five Top-12 finishes in nine events this season. (11 of 27 last season, with poor efforts in the Majors (2 MC's, one T-44th, and he didn't play in the Masters...) Not expecting a Top-10 finish in his first Masters, but wouldn't be surprised if he finished Top-20.

My favorite to win the Masters this year is Graeme McDowell. He's a risk-taker, and if he can make the cut, I think he'll pull it out and win it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Has anyone see Michelle Wie's new putting technique? It's strange.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

About 99 percent of my students putt better looking at the hole,” said Dana Rader, one of Golf Digest’s top 50 instructors, who runs a golf academy in Charlotte, N.C. “I make all my students try it, and they are amazed. When you look away from the target and stand over the ball for too long, your brain actually loses its memory of how hard to hit the ball. And sometimes where to hit it, too.”
    http://onpar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/...ype=blogs&_r=0

I've actually heard that before and even tried it on the putting green a few times. I wonder if I was willing to stick with it if it would have made a difference.

Streaming round one today, listening to the Ohhhs and ahhhs at Amen Corner, and the songbirds during the quiet moments. Nothing like it.
    And seeing Ben Crenshaw imitate me on 12 is a bonus.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Streaming round one today, listening to the Ohhhs and ahhhs at Amen Corner, and the songbirds during the quiet moments. Nothing like it.
    And seeing Ben Crenshaw imitate me on 12 is a bonus.
    Oh dear. What did he do?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Jonas Blixt is in the early lead. He's my favorite golfer. I played with him in a Pro Am back in 2011 and he was a great guy. Would love to see him contend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Oh dear. What did he do?
    He birdied it, like I would, of course.
    Sadly, the truth:
    Twice in the drink, from the tee and the drop zone.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Phil Mickelson with his obligatory triple bogey. Thursday's came on 7. Friday's came on 12. Hard to contend when you are carding a triple bogey every round.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Now that we're into the first major, is it time to create a 2014 Golf Season Thread? Maybe one of the mods can split off this year's posts into a new thread? Or (given that it's under 500 posts) should we just rename this to the "Golf Thread" and carry on?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I haven't been able to watch yet, but a lot of big names on the wrong side of the cut line right now including Phil, Sergio, Dustin Johnson, and McDowell.

Turn Off Ads?