Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2014

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Ohio State Football 2014

2014 Recruiting class wrap-up

Real Nice class Meyer picked-up and lots of possibilities for immediate help as well as a number of high profile Redshirts from last year. The talent infusion really begins this year.

GL

/realized I posted this in the wrong forum

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State Football 2014

The Buckeyes take a pretty serious hit this week as 4-star/5-star LB Mike Mitchell (2013 class/redshirt) reports he will Transfer to a Texas college to be closer to his ailing father.

Mitchell was expected to challenge for a starting LB spot this spring.

I wish Mike and his family the best of luck.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    The Buckeyes take a pretty serious hit this week as 4-star/5-star LB Mike Mitchell (2013 class/redshirt) reports he will Transfer to a Texas college to be closer to his ailing father.

Mitchell was expected to challenge for a starting LB spot this spring.

I wish Mike and his family the best of luck.

GL
    Probably a double whammy for Thad Matta too. His younger brother Mickey Mitchell is a high ranking 2015 commitment.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Hopefully the defense improves this season.

As a lifelong Buckeye, its very strange to see the defense as the team's worst unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

"So Fla Red"

The defense can only get better after the last 2-3 seasons with possibly the worst defensive back 7 production in decades.

Time for all the 4* and 5* recruits from the last few years to step up. Also the coaching changes on defense look to be a net positive with Ash taking over the defense and replacing Whiters and Larry Johnson Sr added to the staff. From all accounts, Ash will call the plays on defense not Fickell.

2015 class heating up ...

Meyer received two pledges today from two five-star defensive players. Linebacker Justin Hilliard, out of St. Xavier in Cincinnati, and defensive end Jashon Cornell, out of Cretin Derham Hall in St. Paul, Minnesota, both committed to Ohio State this morning.

Five-star linebacker (247) Justin Hilliard commits to Ohio State. He becomes 11th member of Buckeyes’ 2015 class.
    5-star defensive end (247) Jashon Cornell commits to Ohio State. He becomes 12th member of Buckeyes’ 2015 class.

I found this amuzing ...

This does not please Chris Clark, a five-star tight end in the 2015 class committed to Michigan.

Damn ohio state had a day

— Chris Clark (@Clark8Chris) July 2, 2014

GL

I am giddy that the Buckeyes have a 10 star Wednesday.

Chris Clark, OSU tried to get him to become a Buckeye, but I guess the idea of playing for 7-5 teams and not playing in B1G Title games was appealing for him.

Clark, still time to flip and become a Buckeyes if you want.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

I just hope the defense gets better. That bowl game was painful to watch. As great as that offense was, the defense was almost as bad. So antithetical to past Buckeye championship teams.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

Edwards de-commits from Auburn - http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42...-play-30031493

That puts the Bucks back in play, but you have to wonder about a guy that has de-committed twice.

GL

Urban has been upbeat, but it's hard to not be concerned about how limited Braxton has been in practice.

@TIM_MAYsports: Sources tell me @BraxtonMiller5 reinjured right shoulder in practice this p.m., in jeopardy for season. Check http://t.co/x610tIPgiy

MRI tomorrow, will know more them but left practice today after tweaking his shoulder on a non contact drill.

Crap.

I heard he is already out officially

Crap
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I heard he is already out officially
    Haven't seen that yet. Where did you see it?

Turn Off Ads?