Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Those final two holes are brutal. Whoever is leading late tomorrow afternoon is going to have to take those on with all of the pressure. Yikes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Going to be a show this afternoon. Looking forward to the roller coaster ride of pulling for Phil. -1 is the perfect winning score for a US Open I think. Especially when all these guys were predicting scoring conditions and birdie fest. Save that noise for the PGA Championship. I love watching pros grind it out and fight for every stroke.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I enjoy watching pros on a difficult course but not like this. I want to know that a -7,-8 is out there and clearly it's not out there at Merion.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sticking with my Schwartzel pick. Has the combination of power and short game to go get it.

Alright Tiger, you got that triple out of your way now it's time to go. You just have to birdie 12 of the remaining 16 to have a chance. NBD.

Stupid question. What's up with the flagsticks that don't have a flag on them?

So that's how you ace 17. Yank it 4 yards into the left rough and let it roll back to the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Stupid question. What's up with the flagsticks that don't have a flag on them?
    Well before you putt you have the option to play the course like frisbee golf and if you can stick it in the basket that counts as holing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I enjoy watching pros on a difficult course but not like this. I want to know that a -7,-8 is out there and clearly it's not out there at Merion.
    If it were like this week in and week and out I wouldn't care for it either but for the US Open, I dig it.

I like it windy and tough at the British too. The shot making and keeping the ball low to the ground is pretty cool.

I like birdie/eagle possibilities at Augusta and the ability to come from behind on the final 9 holes.

The PGA I like to see them go low. It's the last on my list of majors in order of favorites, except of course when they play it here in L'ville and I'm there in person.
    Last edited by TSJ55; 06-16-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

A 266 yard par 3 is just stupid.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    A 266 yard par 3 is just stupid.
    Its just a simple 2 wood.

If Dufner can get in and post +2 or +3 you never know. All of the leaders are moving back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If Dufner can get in and post +2 or +3 you never know. All of the leaders are moving back.
    Yep. His zombie shuffle and coma'esque like emotions are pretty good approach at a US Open.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Mickelson is pulling away while sitting in the clubhouse. Now two shots clear of the field.

Here's a question: If you were Tiger and they said you could pick up your ball and not hit another shot and your score for the tournament would be even par, would you do it?
    At the time you asked this I thought "nah, 4 or 5 under is gonna win this" but looks like you were dead on.

Phil with a very unPHil moment backing off a wood from inside the hazard. Bones blood pressure is starting to normalize.

Turn Off Ads?