Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Time Warner box went out today. Great timing. Missed the first 2 hours and now watching on a small blurry tv. Not a happy camper!!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Time Warner box went out today. Great timing. Missed the first 2 hours and now watching on a small blurry tv. Not a happy camper!!
    You expected your Time Warner box to work while you were camping? I guess I should look into that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Finally, something exciting. That was awesome!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Completely different dynamic now pulling for Cabrera this Masters vs when Kenny Perry puked on himself and let Angel pass him to win. My disdain for Stevie unfortunately supersedes my liking of Adam Scott.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Rooting for the first Aussie winner

Congratulations Adam Scott. Great putt.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I would have rather seen anyone other than Adam Scott win. I can think of only 2 people in golf I don't care much for. It's what I love most about the game, there's so many guys to like. But Steve Williams is one of them (Colin Montgomerie the other). I like Adam Scott, always have. But after the way Stevie handled himself after the Tiger break up, I lost all respect for the guy and it's hard to root for Scott to win accordingly.

After Sneds melted down, I was pulling for Jason Day. I really like Day and love his game. I think he's in for some big years at some point.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I always disliked Williams when he was on Tiger's bag, but it seemed to me that Tiger really screwed up their split up. I don't really find much fault with Williams for that situation. Sure, Williams should have shut up about it, but I think Tiger screwed him over, and I don't begrudge Willams for being upset about it and getting a couple of shots in.

I wonder what sort of odds you could have gotten after Tiger's victory in 2005, that he would not win the Masters for the next nine years? That is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wonder what sort of odds you could have gotten after Tiger's victory in 2005, that he would not win the Masters for the next nine years? That is astounding.
    I watched some highlights of the 1997 Masters last night, and it became more and more clear to me that Augusta really has Tiger proofed the course. He used to just bomb it right on 11 and have wedges in where everyone else was hitting like 5 iron in. On 15 he was hitting pitching wedges and sand wedges in on his second shot.

The narrowed tee shots on 7, 11, and 18 have really shrunk the advantage he used to have there. I read somewhere that he used to gain 4 shots on the field on holes 7 and 11 over the course of the week, but now he plays them neutral to the field.

That being said, I think if he doesn't hit the pin on 15 on Friday, he wins the tournament this year. He just did not play the par 5's well enough this year, but oddly played the par 3's and 4's well enough to win. He competes there every single year (besides last year), but he really doesn't have that specific advantage on that golf course anymore since they placed more emphasis on driving the golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I watched some highlights of the 1997 Masters last night, and it became more and more clear to me that Augusta really has Tiger proofed the course. He used to just bomb it right on 11 and have wedges in where everyone else was hitting like 5 iron in. On 15 he was hitting pitching wedges and sand wedges in on his second shot.

The narrowed tee shots on 7, 11, and 18 have really shrunk the advantage he used to have there. I read somewhere that he used to gain 4 shots on the field on holes 7 and 11 over the course of the week, but now he plays them neutral to the field.

That being said, I think if he doesn't hit the pin on 15 on Friday, he wins the tournament this year. He just did not play the par 5's well enough this year, but oddly played the par 3's and 4's well enough to win. He competes there every single year (besides last year), but he really doesn't have that specific advantage on that golf course anymore since they placed more emphasis on driving the golf ball.
    In 97 Tiger had a massive distance advantage on the field. When Tiger first really broke onto the scene he could hit the ball consistently farther than the other pros. Now most of the pros can keep up distance wise with Tiger.

I am glad they made the par 5's a little more difficult. There should be a risk reward factor, not players hitting wedges into them.

13. Likes:

Chip R (04-16-2013)

7 under 65 for my buddy Kyle Stanley moves him into 2nd place and 2 back of his friend Lucas Glover (same coach, and both former Clemson players). I'm jacked up for tomorrow!

Billy Horschel comes through with his first PGA tour win at the Zurich Classic. My boy Stanley finishes in solo third and cashes a nice little $450K paycheck. He needed this week in the worst way. Glad to see him starting to bounce back, the kid works his butt off.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Billy Horschel comes through with his first PGA tour win at the Zurich Classic. My boy Stanley finishes in solo third and cashes a nice little $450K paycheck. He needed this week in the worst way. Glad to see him starting to bounce back, the kid works his butt off.
    I'm a fan of his too. That's good to see. I haven't looked at his stats, but I know he's really struggled with his putting. Now, IIRC, he's cross-handed with a bigger grip. Hopefully, it's helping.

Great duel between Billy and D.A. yesterday. It's nice to see guys get their first win.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm a fan of his too. That's good to see. I haven't looked at his stats, but I know he's really struggled with his putting. Now, IIRC, he's cross-handed with a bigger grip. Hopefully, it's helping.

Great duel between Billy and D.A. yesterday. It's nice to see guys get their first win.
    Dead last on tour in strokes gained putting. Putted actually pretty neutral this week, and look what happens. If he ever puts a hot putting week together he could run away with one. He played good enough to win this week, just got beat by two guys who played out of their minds, and make every thing they looked at on Sunday.

Turn Off Ads?