Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Spent the last 5 days at Muirfield Village. Love this tourney, Kuchar put on a clinic

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I just saw that Scott and Tiger are paired together for the Open. It's funny but I don't see the purpose of this. Nothing is going to happen. Stevie isn't going to toss Tiger's bag into the water.

It can't be ratings. It's the US Open and people who just tune in to see Tiger are already gonna be watching, I don't think there's an extra demographic that will tune in because these two are paired.

Them in the same group would probably be intriguing if it happened organically and they were in one of the final groups on Sunday. This seems gimmicky and I don't really see the payoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I just saw that Scott and Tiger are paired together for the Open. It's funny but I don't see the purpose of this. Nothing is going to happen. Stevie isn't going to toss Tiger's bag into the water.

It can't be ratings. It's the US Open and people who just tune in to see Tiger are already gonna be watching, I don't think there's an extra demographic that will tune in because these two are paired.

Them in the same group would probably be intriguing if it happened organically and they were in one of the final groups on Sunday. This seems gimmicky and I don't really see the payoff.

They have 2 groups of the Top 6 players in the world:

1. Woods, 2. McIlroy, 3. Scott

and

4. Kuchar, 5. Rose, 6. Snedeker

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    They have 2 groups of the Top 6 players in the world:

1. Woods, 2. McIlroy, 3. Scott

and

4. Kuchar, 5. Rose, 6. Snedeker
    Whatever. Look if you're going to come at me with logical explanations after I go on a rant then I have no use for you.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

6. Likes:

Homer Bailey (06-11-2013)

Should have gone Tiger, Phil & Sergio, then forced NBC to bring in Ferehty to do the play by play of the non golf interactions b/w the triangle of hate.

Any one got any fancies for the US Open? My early thoughts are with the 2 South Africans Schwartzle and Louie Ossthusien. Not done my form as yet but first thing that stands out to me is you will need driving accuracy on this course and the course plays reasonably long.

I'll also be hoping an Aussie wins with obviously our best chances being Day and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Any one got any fancies for the US Open? My early thoughts are with the 2 South Africans Schwartzle and Louie Ossthusien. Not done my form as yet but first thing that stands out to me is you will need driving accuracy on this course and the course plays reasonably long.

I'll also be hoping an Aussie wins with obviously our best chances being Day and Scott.
    Tiger is always near the top of my picks for a major, he's just too mentally tough to leave out. His wedge play was actually too good in Augusta. I think if he doesn't hit the flag on Saturday and go in the water he makes birdie and wins the jacket. Course is going to be soggy and birdies will be made.

I'm also high in G. McDowell this week. Dude hasn't been around much this year but he's got US Open game.

I'll round out my 3 "A" picks w/ Brandt Snedeker.

Longer shots include Zach Johnson, Aaron Baddeley, and Ben Crane.

Biggest sucker bet in the field: Rory McIlroy.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I hope the course somehow dries out a bit. Wet US Opens stink IMO. The faster and firmer it plays, the more it separates the men from the boys.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

11. Likes:

TSJ55 (06-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I hope the course somehow dries out a bit. Wet US Opens stink IMO. The faster and firmer it plays, the more it separates the men from the boys.
    Marcus Fraiser was saying even with the rain the greens are still reasonably quick.

Kuchar, Furyk, and McIlroy.

Narrowed my list down but not sure who i will bet on yet.

Charl Schwartzle, Jason Day, Jimmy Furyk, Hunter Mahan, Billy Horschell, Jordan Speith, Jusin Hicks.

Chances of any golf being played today looking pretty slim, unless these storms somehow miss Merion.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Chances of any golf being played today looking pretty slim, unless these storms somehow miss Merion.
    I'm not sure who put all the sand in Mother Nature's panties, but I feel like she's been less than cool to sports fans this year.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Little chance that will happen now. Your best hope is probably tough rough, slow fairways and mud coated balls. I'm a little bummed about it as well, I like the US Open when it leaves the best golfers in the world hacking like Wednesday night nine hole leaguers.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

18. Likes:

Chip R (06-13-2013)

Early returns and there are not many red numbers on the scoreboard. Charles Schwartzel, Tim Clark and Cheng-Tsung Pan share the lead at -2. Phil is a shot back after 10 holes. Not much chance of a Sergio-Tiger weekend pairing. Sergio is +6 at the turn.

Turn Off Ads?