Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2013 Golf Season Thread

Time to give the 2013 season it's own thread.

Weather-wise, it's been a weird season thus far. The first tournament ended on Tuesday and this week's at Torrey will end on Monday, if the weather allows it. Could it be another Tuesday finish? Probably not, but there is a chance.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

To my surprise, they started on time today for round 3. I'm happy about being wrong. I didn't think they'd start until noon today.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Tiger up by 3 now as the 3rd round gets going. I'd be shocked if he didn't win this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Tiger up by 3 now as the 3rd round gets going. I'd be shocked if he didn't win this week.
    He's striping it. Hit it to a foot on 2 and 3 feet on 3. Up 4. Bye bye field!

Is Lefty playing or did he decide to retire for tax purposes? My free advice to him: Use some of those millions to hire a better accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Is Lefty playing or did he decide to retire for tax purposes? My free advice to him: Use some of those millions to hire a better accountant.
    Lefty grossed something like 46 million last year with endorsements and his tourney winnings. Im lucky to get around 40K a year. I think he should shut up and realize he still lives a dream life all of us would die for.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Lefty grossed something like 46 million last year with endorsements and his tourney winnings. Im lucky to get around 40K a year. I think he should shut up and realize he still lives a dream life all of us would die for.
    Yeah, I was incredulous at the interview he gave... obviously doesn't live in the real world.

Just carving the golf course up. When he hits bad shots he recovers, which is pretty much what the old Tiger did. Very impressive what he's done at this tournament so far. I wish there was a stronger leaderboard to give him some pressure...as it is now he can finish today on cruise control.

Tiger at -18 now and up 8 strokes. This looks like the old Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Tiger at -18 now and up 8 strokes. This looks like the old Tiger.
    He looked like old Tiger the 1st 3 rounds. Not round 4. He hit it all over the planet. Some good breaks, a great short game, and no one pushing him let him breeze to victory.

It still amazes me how bad he hits it off the tee when he's just a bit off. He tries to pay a cut when a draw is his natural swing. His draw swing is so much better yet he continually aims left and hits pulls and block/chunk slices when he's not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    He looked like old Tiger the 1st 3 rounds. Not round 4. He hit it all over the planet. Some good breaks, a great short game, and no one pushing him let him breeze to victory.

It still amazes me how bad he hits it off the tee when he's just a bit off. He tries to pay a cut when a draw is his natural swing. His draw swing is so much better yet he continually aims left and hits pulls and block/chunk slices when he's not on.
    Looks like I put the hex on him. He was on fire til I posted that, then immediately fell apart. Good thing he had that huge lead, or else he may have choked that one away.

This could be a great year on TOUR if this is the Tiger we're going to see and McIlroy continues where he left off last year. Crossing my fingers.....
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Phil is playing as if he wants to be in a lower tax bracket.

Sorry but I don't really consider golf a sport haha

Quote Originally Posted by delphineboom View Post
    Sorry but I don't really consider golf a sport haha
    What a post. Strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?