Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

5 way tie for 1st with Kokrak being one of them.

This is going to be a fun finish.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My brother and I went out for the first time last Friday. On the first hole (par 5) my bro made an 83 yd chip shot for a birdie! Talk about an adrenaline rush. Even though he beat me that day (I got him back Saturday) you live for moments like that and celebrate, even when it's your opponent making that fantastic shot.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

Redhook (04-01-2013)

Hard to believe the Masters starts in just 10 days. I'm getting excited, not only for the Masters, but for the golf season to really kick into gear. This winter has been taking it's sweet ol' time.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I know Tin Cup said "Perfection is unattainable", but I submit this as rebuttal. Best Golf Digest photo shoot EVER!
    http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2...onders#slide=1
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Guess it's a matter of personal preference. Holly Sonders does very little for me. HD and up close it looks like it takes hours to make her look that way.

Now Lauren Thompson on the other hand......... Or Winn McMurray. That's a different story.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Kokrak had a very expensive double bogey on 18 yesterday. Cost him about $100k and 20-30 spots in the FedEx Cup standings.

Hopefully he's got another couple of top 10s in him this year to keep his tour card for next year. It would be even better if that breakthrough win was on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Guess it's a matter of personal preference. Holly Sonders does very little for me. HD and up close it looks like it takes hours to make her look that way.

Now Lauren Thompson on the other hand......... Or Winn McMurray. That's a different story.
    Yeah, that's certainly understandable. As a general rule I don't go for blondes. Lauren T. is pretty cute, but Winn is below average for me.

I've always thought HS was hot, but it was the photos in the workout gear that really put her over the top. I am a personal trainer, so girls who look strong, but remain feminine, really do it for me. The fact that she has a VERY good golf game is sprinkles on top.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My brother and I went out for the first time last Friday. On the first hole (par 5) my bro made an 83 yd chip shot for a birdie! Talk about an adrenaline rush. Even though he beat me that day (I got him back Saturday) you live for moments like that and celebrate, even when it's your opponent making that fantastic shot.
    157 yd par three:
    One of my brothers hits his first shot in the woods, left, OB.
    Tees up another, knocks it close...and in!
    As he turns around with this look of euphoria on his face, my other brother cuts him off,

"Nice par, bro."
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    157 yd par three:
    As he turns around with this look of euphoria on his face, my other brother cuts him off,

"Nice par, bro."
    My dad's only hole in one was the same way.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Golf MTRx is one pretty cool app. I'm guessing no one on here has tried it yet. It's very difficult to understand at first, but once you get it, it's absolutely incredible. Best $30 I've spent in a long time. It's already helped my swing and I can't wait to share it with my students.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    157 yd par three:

"Nice par, bro."

That's when you want to smack brothers. My brother and I play constantly. And though we were very competitive when playing against each other growing up, now that we're older (50's), it's him far more then me. I'm not out to prove anything, other then wanting to get better myself. Even a few of our friends (golf buddies) notice this. He HAS to beat me when we play golf. Some things never change.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Happy Masters Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    My dad's only hole in one was the same way.
    Does your father not play by the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

That's when you want to smack brothers. My brother and I play constantly. And though we were very competitive when playing against each other growing up, now that we're older (50's), it's him far more then me. I'm not out to prove anything, other then wanting to get better myself. Even a few of our friends (golf buddies) notice this. He HAS to beat me when we play golf. Some things never change.
    I love to play that game. My middle brother is the same way and he seethes if I beat him. What gets him more than anything is that I am shorter, but straighter than he his. If his driving is off, which happens all too often because he has a very handsy swing, he hurries off ahead and into the rough and stomps around like it's not fair that he's losing to a guy who is forty yards behind him on every hole. It's classic tortoise and hare golf.

But it doesn't mean I win all the time. When he's straight, he can beat me by five or six strokes, so we are roughly even. The difference is that I see this as parity while he sees it as an injustice.

It could be a big advantage to tee off this morning at the Masters. Storms may hit later this afternoon, plus it'll be windier this afternoon. I predict the majority of the Top 10 after 36 holes will come from guys that teed off before 11:00 today.

Turn Off Ads?