Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Sergio is carving the course up today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A little Tiger and Sergio drama today.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    A little Tiger and Sergio drama today.
    I didn't get to watch any of the tournament today but just saw this video and the Brandel, Rich, Frank discussion. I was surprised Chamblee didn't get more self-righteous than he did.

Tiger probably did it on purpose. I hope he did it on purpose. Golf is way to chummy for my taste most the time, so I like this kind of thing.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

There's no way Tiger did it on purpose. Tiger didn't handle the situation very well himself, which just added fuel to the fire, but he didn't do it on purpose.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    There's no way Tiger did it on purpose. Tiger didn't handle the situation very well himself, which just added fuel to the fire, but he didn't do it on purpose.
    What do you mean here? Like his comments?

What I found a little curious was he said, the marshal had told him Serg had already hit. But in the video, he tries to hush the crowd as he points across the fairway. This was after Sergio had hit so maybe he heard the shot then reacted by attempting to hush the crowd.

Who knows? There has always been talk of Tiger's gamesmanship which, like I've said, I'm a fan of. Regardless of who's doing it gamesmanship is fun as long as it stays civil and are respectable.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Just feels like Sergio created a media storm that can only distract him from the main objective this weekend. Tiger basically brushed it off which I think is the way to go about it.

If it were just an issue of pulling a club early, when neither player were even near each other, then Sergio could have just mentioned it to Tiger and it would have been settled. Gamesmanship or not, at least let the other guy know you didn't appreciate it. But yeah, I'm sure there's way more to the bad blood that goes way back, and if that's what is driving this whole thing for Sergio then his focus seems to be in the wrong place.

I finally got to see the split screen shot of yesterday's "incident", and there's no doubt in my mind Tiger knew exactly what he was doing. I like it though. A little rivalry drama is good for the game.

On a related note, how sexy is Kelly Tilghman?

Tiger just hit it in the water at 14, and gave himself the benefit of the doubt in a MAJOR way on where he had the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Tiger just hit it in the water at 14, and gave himself the benefit of the doubt in a MAJOR way on where he had the drop.
    I just got off the course myself and turned it on. I haven't seen what your referencing. I'm sure if he did something wrong some clown will call in alert the authorities. It's mind boggling that the PGA lets couch jockeys officiate their sport.

ETA: Just in time to watch Sergieo rinse *2* on 17. Poor Sergio. Hopefully he doesn't blame it on the crowd for cheering while Tiger striped it down the 18th fairway.
    Last edited by TSJ55; 05-12-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Sergio put two in the drink on 17. Wow.

What a set of onions on Tiger's shot into 18. I don't know if he meant to turn it over that much and challenge the flag but he started walking as soon as he hit it.

Tiger wins. That was an entertaining final round, and wow what a total collapse down the stretch for Sergio.

Best case scenario for the TOUR. I'm guessing ratings were off the charts.

Awesome theater.

Anyone have video/images of the actual incident? I haven't seen any. Obviously heard plenty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I just got off the course myself and turned it on. I haven't seen what your referencing. I'm sure if he did something wrong some clown will call in alert the authorities. It's mind boggling that the PGA lets couch jockeys officiate their sport.
    Tiger didn't do anything wrong. He, his playing partner, both caddies and the course marshalls all agreed the drop spot was accurate. The only one whining about it was Johnny Miller, who whines about everything.

Turn Off Ads?