Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Brooks Koepka let somebody down with a first-round 76. Rory McIlroy carded a 79. Yikes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Rory McIlroy carded a 79. Yikes.
    Sir Nick also shot 79. I wonder how Rory is feeling about his 12 hour day now.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Brooks Koepka let somebody down with a first-round 76. Rory McIlroy carded a 79. Yikes.
    Yeah a Quadruple Bogey on the first is never a good start. Very reliant on Snedeker to have a good final 3 days now.

Apart from one Tee-Shot Tiger looked good
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Tom Rinaldi's fake laugh during Lefty's post round interview was one of the most ridiculous I've ever heard. Tone it back a little Tom, Phil is happily married.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Looks like par might stand a good chance of winning this tournament. That would be something.

I'm pulling for Westwood. I like his chances.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It's so great to watch Phil go out and win it on Sunday. Even if the score doesn't hold up, he was nothing short of a true champion today.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

And there's the birdie on 18. It will take true magic for the field to catch him now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Lefty with birdies on four of the last six holes, three strokes clear of the field. Tiger five back with less than a handful of holes to be played.

Gutted for Scotty, 2 Opens in a row where he has leade in the final round and not pulled it off.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

I watched this afternoon and realized I'm ready for Tiger to win again. I don't like how he's lived his life in the past, I'm not condoning those actions, but I selfishly want to be around for 'history' by seeing him pass the all time mark. With every passing major its more and more unlikely.

Couple that with the fact its just less entertaining for me as a casual golf fan without there being a guy like Tiger to root for or against.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

13. Likes:

Razor Shines (07-21-2013),TSJ55 (07-22-2013)

I've never stopped rooting for Tiger. Obviously his off the course actions were terrible but they don't affect me or my desire to see him be great on the course. He doesn't owe me anything, he's paid dearly for his sins not just monetarily but emotionally in losing his family.

Phil was absolutely amazing down the stretch though. I usually don't find myself rooting for Phil but I was very happy for him today.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Phis has always been my #1 guy to pull for so I was geeked for him yesterday. I never pulled for Tiger when he was dominating b/c it was just too easy. I never pulled *against* him either though. It was awesome watching him play circles around the field week after week.

All that said, I'm ready for him to win again too.

I don't know if Tiger ever gets back close to the level he once was. Right now he is playing like a very good golfer, one of the golfers of yesteryear who just couldn't win the big one. He is playing well enough to get into the last handful of groups on the weekend, but having big letdowns on Sunday.

Truth of the matter is Tiger is 37. Most of the younger players on tour have the ability to do things that made Tiger so great in his prime. They are strong enough to hit shots that only Tiger could. I remember a number of years ago when Tiger came out with a stinger at the British Open and he lapped the field, now most of the players in the tour can play that shot.

It used to be a sure thing that Tiger was going to beat Jack's record. Then most people thought he would, he had time on his side. Now I am beginning to wonder if he will win another major.

He might not be what he was before, and likely never will be. But he's still the best player in the world....not simply a "very good player". He's won 7 tournaments in the last 18 months and has been close in most majors. How many guys out there now have won 7 tournaments in their careers? Not many. I have no idea if he'll win another major, or how many. But I don't think it's because he doesn't have what it takes or because the other guys are just as good. In any given week, he's still the single player most likely to win. It's just REALLY hard to win in professional golf these days......laregely because of the impact he's had on the game.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?