Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Re: 2013 Golf Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    People that don't follow the PGA tour are seriously missing out. I've followed it my whole life, and I've never been more intrigued with it on a weekly basis than I currently am. So many great players in today's game, and so many guys that are pretty easy to root for. As of this time, Keegan Bradley was probably my least favorite player. The Ryder Cup turned that 180 degrees. Between Phil, Tiger, Rory, DJ, Sneds, etc., there are so many elite players that are just fascinating to follow.

Something is wrong with me though. I was honestly more interested in watching the final round of the Waste Management open than I was the Super Bowl.
    Im with you too. I love Baseball and it was my first love but Golf is my favorite hobby and have been playing for over half my life. The PGA Tour is loaded with talent and I like Bradley too. Ernie Els has been my favorite golfer since the mid 90's but Im really liking Nick Watney, Adam Scott, and Bill Hass. I could watch the Golf Channel all day if I had the time. Absolutely love golf. Alot of people hate on the sport but these guys play for tons of money and have such unbelievable talents its amazing. Anyone who plays golf needs to go see a tournament live like Jacks tourney or Firestone here in Ohio and watch these guys on the range and see how precise they are. Its amazing. Homer you have me all excited for spring to get here!
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I think most players with the belly putter will go with what Matt Kuchar is doing. The handle of the putter runs along the left forearm of a right handed player. That will be allowed under the proposed rule. The claw grip kind of went out of style after Chris DiMarco experimented with it and other copycats in the early 2000's. I just dont see it making a huge comeback but I could be wrong. Phil is the 2nd most popular American golfer.
    I agree about the Kuchar-style putters. I think quite a few guys will use them. I just saw that Callaway has a new version of one of them. I expect all companies to start rolling them out.

With Phil's success with the claw, and Sergio for that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few guys go that route. To me, it's much easier than the Kuchar-style putting action.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Congrats to Redhook on a big day - inducted into the Miami University Hall of Fame!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-09-2013),Razor Shines (02-10-2013),texasdave (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Congrats to Redhook on a big day - inducted into the Miami University Hall of Fame!
    I know it's a party school but isn't inducting a beer into the school's HOF going to attract the wrong kind of attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

Redhook (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Thanks! It was a great day and quite an honor. Spoke with Big Ben quite a bit. He loves golf. I still don't like the Steelers though.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

9. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (02-12-2013)

Man, I don't think I could look Ben in the face. He's my least favorite athlete in any sport, and I think he's a total scum bag.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-10-2013)

Brandt Snedeker is officially en fuego.

In five tournaments to date in 2013, he has posted a third, two seconds and is on his way to a win at Pebble Beach.

From one Miami alum to another, congrats Kyle!

14. Likes:

Cant Touch This (02-13-2013),Redhook (02-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    From one Miami alum to another, congrats Kyle!
    Ditto!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Now Sneds is out of Match Play alongside Mickelson. It'll still be fun to watch, but having 2 of the Top 10 out, and 2 of the best 3 Americans, certainly hurts the event a bit.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Love and Honor, Redhook. I don't pay enough attention to this thread, so I had no idea you were THAT good. On an unrelated note, remind me to never tee it up with you...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

18. Likes:

Redhook (02-13-2013)

MWM, do you still think Russell Henley will be better than Sneds? You mentioned this a month ago. I'm just curious if you're opinion has changed after Sneds dominating last month.

I think both players are great. Sneds is reaching superstar status quickly though. And rightfully so.

Henley, to me, is Sneds 2.0. He's a carbon copy. I think he'll have a great career, but at this point, it'd be tough to believe he'll ever be better than Sneds. I do look forward to seeing how his career progresses after his win at Sony. I'm rooting both of them.

That may have been premature, but this could be the quintessential "career year" for Sneds. He's has a solid career, but not until late last year did he start to show signs of getting over the hump. He's 32 years old and been out on TOUR for a while, so who knows what all of a sudden clicked. Time will tell if this is sustainable for him or if he's just in one of those stretches.

Henley is 23 and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a similar stretch in his career long before 32. I still think over the long run, Henley will be better, but that could change if Sneds keeps this up over the next few years.

dp

Snowed out! 1st round of match play suspended due to a snow storm. There's been some crazy weather on tour this year. This isn't the first time it's snowed there either. Hopefully they'll change venues soon for this event. Boring course to watch and cold weather.

Turn Off Ads?