Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
I can't wait to see Billy in a real MLB game. Cause until then, I won't be convinced he can just magically make his way to third base. I really hope he can do so, of course.

And I swear I'm not knocking you at all, it's just that we won't know for sure how his speed will play until he is actually in the bigs.
I am 100% in agreement with this.....BH very well might be the fastest man ever to step foot on a diamond.....but Ricky Henderson once said that 90% of his steals were based off the fact that the pitcher and catcher were defeated before he even lead off the base.....he stated that the pitcher was always thinking about him and the catcher never took his eyes off him, Ricky was trying to prove that when all the emphasis is put on you as the base burgular then small mistakes made by the pitcher and catcher will favor you that much more than if you were standing there leading off as just a regular base runner......

anyone that has ever heard Ricky speak understands that nothing he says is understood very well but when he started speaking about stealing bases being a lead off hitter, he almost spoke in a different tongue, you could actually understand him......

Billy Hamilton might get out there and do the exact opposite that Ricky did....he might get thrown out on his first attempt and therefore start making those little small mistakes that lead to him getting thrown out.....sometimes just being fast does not get you a stolen base.....it all comes down to how his speed translates to the 90 feet between each base....its gonna be fun to watch because if it all works out we could be watching something that has not been seen before, not even with Ricky.