Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontier to start CVG service in May

Frontier to start CVG service in May

Initially, Frontier will offer one daily direct flight to Denver. But I would expect that number to increase if the route proves popular. Frontier did well with its two daily flights from Dayton to Denver. And many of those travelers were Cincinnati residents.

And, they're offering $99 one-ways to Denver if you book before Feb. 2.

http://www.cvgairport.com/about/news...3-8ba5045c8af1

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...-airlines.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Frontier to start CVG service in May

That's nice getting them into CVG but isn't Frontier already flying out of Dayton? They've always had good rates to Denver but driving to Dayton wasn't keeping me from using them

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's nice getting them into CVG but isn't Frontier already flying out of Dayton?
    Frontier is discontinuing service out of Dayton in May.

This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Frontier starting at CVG begins the process of getting competitive pricing into CVG. As it is now I end up driving to Indy or Dayton because CVG is outrageously expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Frontier is discontinuing service out of Dayton in May.
    Thanks for that tip. I didn't know that...

That being the case, I'm glad they're coming to CVG

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Initially, Frontier will offer one daily direct flight to Denver. But I would expect that number to increase if the route proves popular. Frontier did well with its two daily flights from Dayton to Denver. And many of those travelers were Cincinnati residents.

And, they're offering $99 one-ways to Denver if you book before Feb. 2.

http://www.cvgairport.com/about/news...3-8ba5045c8af1

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...-airlines.html
    NoooooO! Just booked a flight to Denver for July last week.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Frontier starting at CVG begins the process of getting competitive pricing into CVG. As it is now I end up driving to Indy or Dayton because CVG is outrageously expensive.
    Back when we had tons of non stop flights, I understood the payoff that we'd have to live with expensive fares. But now we've lost 2/3 of our flights and we're still the 2nd most expensive airport (Huntsville, AL #1). Our fares are $150 more than avg. That's just not right.

Back when we had tons of non stop flights, I understood the payoff that we'd have to live with expensive fares. But now we've lost 2/3 of our flights and we're still the 2nd most expensive airport (Huntsville, AL #1). Our fares are $150 more than avg. That's just not right.
    I am heading out to Tahoe in a few weeks. I am using FF miles for the trip so I am traveling out of CVG on Delta. On the way out I am flying through Salt Lake which isn't anything new. But on the way back I have to fly to Salt Lake and them Memphis. Its sad how much the service has dropped off from CVG in the past decade.

I am cautiously optimistic with Frontier because Delta has been known to drop fares to weed out the competition, see USA 3000.

I am cautiously optimistic with Frontier because Delta has been known to drop fares to weed out the competition, see USA 3000.
    I would think any regular air traveler from Cincinnati would have more than enough venom for Delta at this point, hopefully causing them to choose Frontier even if the Delta fare is the same price.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

This times 10,000. It is beyond frustrating.

BTW, did you know Southwest flies out of Dayton now? They also only fly to Denver, which is the SW hub and has tons of connecting flights. I have flown out west twice on SW from Denver, and both times it was relatively cheap.

Just want to make sure people know that, since Southwest flights don't show up on Orbitz, Expedia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    This times 10,000. It is beyond frustrating.

BTW, did you know Southwest flies out of Dayton now? They also only fly to Denver, which is the SW hub and has tons of connecting flights. I have flown out west twice on SW from Denver, and both times it was relatively cheap.

Just want to make sure people know that, since Southwest flights don't show up on Orbitz, Expedia, etc.
    Yes, I'm aware of that but everytime I've checked it's been bloody expensive for a round trip flight. Since they price it by the leg or route of the trip, it'd be great if you're only flying one way but rd trip fares were not good from what I could see

A carrier that just goes to one city isn't going to help much for the overall costs in and out of CVG. In other words, Frontier coming in won't help me get cheaper flights to Seattle

A carrier that just goes to one city isn't going to help much for the overall costs in and out of CVG. In other words, Frontier coming in won't help me get cheaper flights to Seattle
    Yes it will. Frontier connects to Seattle (and everywhere else in the West) via Denver. Unless you're dropping ridiculous cash for the Delta non-stop from CVG to Seattle, you're likely stopping in Minneapolis, Detroit, Atlana (cringe) or Salt Lake anyway.

Yes it will. Frontier goes West and does a pretty good job of it. You have to fly into Denver but from there you can pretty much get anywhere. Its no different than Delta right now who pretty much routes all their flights West through Salt Lake City.

As for Southwest they fly out of Dayton and Indy. Its unfortunate but Indy is always cheaper. For me Indy is an hour and half to three quarters of a drive while I can make it from my house to Dayton and through security in Dayton in about the same time. For me Dayton is about a half hour longer of a trip than going to CVG but their prices have been pretty high.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I've been living in Cincinnati, off and on, since 2000. During that time, I've probably flown over 100 times -- only 1 time out of CVG.

As far as I'm concerned, the entire building can just implode. I'll gladly make the drive to Dayton or Indianapolis every single time.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?