Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fav team promotions/SGA's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fav team promotions/SGA's

As we wind down the last few weeks before the boys report, wanted to see what peoples favortie team promotions/stadium giveaways have been over the years-any team, any league.
    I live in NC and grew up going to Durham Bulls games, they used to be so good with giveaways. My favorite as a kid was wood bat night, where the first 5000 or so kids got a free wood bat with team logo. I always liked hte team card set night as well. Now days, the giveaways at the Bulls are only to those who buy season or mini-season ticket packages, so cant get them with regular tickets anymore.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Re: Fav team promotions/SGA's

I've only been to a few MLB stadiums in my lifetime:

In order order of most frequented:
    Great American Ball Park
    Progressive Field (Jacob's)
    Citi Field
    PNC Park

From what I've heard/read, is that the Reds are right up there with the rest of the league (if not better) in terms of their promotions/give-aways. I've always enjoyed the bobble-heads and firework nights.

For what it's worth, I've heard that Pittsburgh's fireworks blows away any and all other MLB teams.

The Dayton Dragons always put on a great show for the kids as well. They give away tons of shirts and food at their games. It's a lot of fun--great family experience.

I doubt you'll see bat night ever again with the increasing number of idiots who throw stuff on the field....as a kid, I always like good ole, simple "cap night"--assuming the sponsoring company logo wasnt too big .;>)

Yeah, the caps that iI have seen given out in last 15 years or so (minor leagues at least) have such big, cheesy sponsor logos they never get worn. I understand sponsors wanting the name out there, that's why they do it, but would think they would also want design to look nice enough poeple will actually wear it. Defeats the purpose as is now IMO. My dad probably has 25 Durham Bulls hats with huge Hardees logos all over them.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

commemorative poster night can be cool too...I got won at a Braves game when they honored Dale Murphy a few years back.

A few years ago I went to the Reds Game Unplugged, where they recognized the MLB's first night game played, which happened in Cincy.

They did a whole bunch of neat things that night. Here's the link to all they did.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

The Reds beat that Pirates that day, if my memory is not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by JB12 View Post
    A few years ago I went to the Reds Game Unplugged, where they recognized the MLB's first night game played, which happened in Cincy.

They did a whole bunch of neat things that night. Here's the link to all they did.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

The Reds beat that Pirates that day, if my memory is not mistaken.
    I've often windered if they could do a throwback day with discounts for fans who wear coat and tie like fans did back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    I've often windered if they could do a throwback day with discounts for fans who wear coat and tie like fans did back in the day...
    Hahaha, now that's a good idea!

I'd think that be a classy crowd. I'd definitely wear my suit and tie out to the ballpark. That could get a tad warm in the summer months!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    commemorative poster night can be cool too...I got won at a Braves game when they honored Dale Murphy a few years back.
    Good one! I went to an O's game a few years back and they gave out a neat Ripken poster for his induction into the O's HOF.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

My favorite one is upcoming: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8855822/

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    My favorite one is upcoming: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8855822/
    This is hilarious

I'm surprised their organization allowed it. I'd love to catch that game if I lived in the area hahaha

Turn Off Ads?