Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A-Rod linked to PED's -- AGAIN

Re: A-Rod linked to PED's -- AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    I saw that Alex has already hired a high dollar lawyer. That means something in itself IMO.

Personally I only have 1 problem with that, giving the Yankees the gift of getting under the luxury tax next year. Those clowns need to pay out the wazoo for handing out multiple stupid $$$$$ contracts but that's my own little pet peeve.

I was a bit shocked about seeing GG on it as well.

I completely agree, they definitely SHOULD have to pay out the wazoo. Terrible strategy on their part, handing out those top dollar contracts/multi-year contracts to all-stars on the tail ends of their career.

I'm hoping we don't see any of our guys get implicated eventually...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post

I was a bit shocked about seeing GG on it as well.
    You must be very gullible. This story is like the least shocking news of the offseason.

The man who was going to hit 1,000 home runs will never see the inside of Cooperstown.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/01/al...2_a2&eref=sihp

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...R_career.shtml

14 players have hit 550 or more home runs in the history of major league baseball. Six are cheating dogs. Bonds, Rodriguez, Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro, Ramirez.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

14 players have hit 550 or more home runs in the history of major league baseball. Six are cheating dogs. Bonds, Rodriguez, Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro, Ramirez.
    Cooperstown needs a basement, a "baseball hell" for these guys. Video images of their strikeouts and errors can play for eternity down there.

Oh and reserve aspot for Chris carpenter.

Of those six mentioned, I think Bonds is still a sure bet HOF. It will take some time but it will happen. With or without "the help", the guy was a HOF caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Griffey fits the mold very well....I'm not saying he did but I can attribute many similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Griffey fits the mold very well....I'm not saying he did but I can attribute many similar things.
    I have never heard of it, Griffey has a rep for not being involved. I don't think he fits the mold at all.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Quote Originally Posted by holster10 View Post
    Of those six mentioned, I think Bonds is still a sure bet HOF. It will take some time but it will happen. With or without "the help", the guy was a HOF caliber player.
    Agreed. I think it'll take some time too, but Bonds is in eventually. I also think McGwire will be as well (though that opinion will earn me few friends around here).

http://goo.gl/Yd7ij

Braun saying that "You get to the point where you almost don't care what people think. But anyone that knows me and who has ever known me knows who I am. They know the way I live my life. They know I'm a good person" is not a denial of taking PEDs, now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    If anything Griffey does not fit the mold. He never got better in his 30s. He was slow to recover from injury.

Turn Off Ads?