Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Richard III found buried beneath parking lot.

Richard III found buried beneath parking lot.

My kingdom for a Mustang!

btw, I'm not a fan of rehabilitating Richard. Shakespeare didn't so much exaggerate his misdeeds as change. them. There's a story about him having the intestines slowly removed from a man who had written a pamphlet criticizing him, while the man lived, for instance. After Richard's men stretched out the pamphleteer's intestines, they plucked his still-beating heart out of his chest. The man's last words were, "What? More trouble?"

As to the supposed Tudor revisionism, which Richard's defenders often use to claim that he didn't kill the princes in the tower, the problem with this idea is that the stories circulated while Richard was on the throne, before Henry Tudor ever came to town.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Richard III found buried beneath parking lot.

somehow seems fitting, similar to Vlad having been buried in the entranceway of a church.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I thought you were referring to Richard (Hand) III. Mom's basement, under a parking lot. (shrugh) all pretty much the same.

(You had to have been here a L-o-n-g time to understand the references. :-)

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

5. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (02-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I thought you were referring to Richard (Hand) III. Mom's basement, under a parking lot. (shrugh) all pretty much the same.

(You had to have been here a L-o-n-g time to understand the references. :-)

Rem
    I do miss me some Hand...along with some De La Hoz humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    somehow seems fitting, similar to Vlad having been buried in the entranceway of a church.
    At least that's what they want you to believe.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

My favorite part of this might be the confirmation of the extent of Richard's being a hunchback. A lot of people have assumed this was an exaggeration by Shakespeare and others, trying to make Rich appear as ugly as possible since Elizabeth's claim to the throne rested on her grandpa killing him.

Turn Off Ads?