Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB.com 2013 Reds Top 20

MLB.com 2013 Reds Top 20

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/p...2013/#list=cin

This most impressive comment was this one regarding Amir Garrett ...

Garrett has the chance to be a star on the mound should he dedicate himself to the craft. He has big stuff, with a fastball that can touch 92-96 mph. The rest of his arsenal is understandably raw, but he's shown the ability to spin a breaking ball and even a little feel for a changeup. All he needs is time on the mound and the Reds are hoping that will come in the near future. He might be the most talented player in the system based on raw ability, with some thinking that a David Price-like upside isn't unthinkable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB.com 2013 Reds Top 20

Winker at 11 is a bit curious for me.

Rosa at 15 yet no sign of Rahier.
    Go BLUE!!!

Was surprised by the remark that the organization hasn't dismissed the prospect of Rosa as a shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Winker at 11 is a bit curious for me.

Rosa at 15 yet no sign of Rahier.
    My only guess is that Mayo added a few names post draft time and has yet to really reorganize the rankings. That list is kind of a joke. Winker 3 slots behind Sean Buckley?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Was surprised by the remark that the organization hasn't dismissed the prospect of Rosa as a shortstop.
    Yeah me too. I thought if anything he's likely headed to the OF.
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

If this list hasn't been updated, then ok, I can understand it. If this is an up to date list, and it has Sean Buckley in the Top 10, my brain is melting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If this list hasn't been updated, then ok, I can understand it. If this is an up to date list, and it has Sean Buckley in the Top 10, my brain is melting.
    Thank you! So sick of seeing this list bandied about in every prospect poll. I'm giving Mayo the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't updated it, but outside of the first five spots, the rankings are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Thank you! So sick of seeing this list bandied about in every prospect poll. I'm giving Mayo the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't updated it, but outside of the first five spots, the rankings are awful.
    Mayo and MLB are tweeting out the links as accurate.... so, it is just an absolutely TERRIBLE list.

Mayo and MLB are tweeting out the links as accurate.... so, it is just an absolutely TERRIBLE list.
    Oh wow. That is...an interesting viewpoint. I'll leave it at that.

Here is where I just get really confused. Buckley, last year, was not in the Top 10 Reds list. Neither was Robert Stephenson for that matter. So then, Buckley goes out and barely keeps his head above water in Dayton while striking out 29.6% of the time he steps to the plate and watches his OPS drop 200 points.... and moves UP the list. Huh?

I saw Buckley in Dayton a few times and was not impressed at all. I think he has zero chance of reaching the majors.

FTR, Buckley didn't even make my Top 40.

Here is where I just get really confused. Buckley, last year, was not in the Top 10 Reds list. Neither was Robert Stephenson for that matter. So then, Buckley goes out and barely keeps his head above water in Dayton while striking out 29.6% of the time he steps to the plate and watches his OPS drop 200 points.... and moves UP the list. Huh?
    I have no idea. Maybe he goes out next year and mashes 1.000 OPS across multiple levels. How foolish we'll feel then.

More confusion. Tony Cingrani has a 5/5 grade. Meaning he is a 50 now and a 50 in the future. Both pitchers ranked behind him are 5/6. Meaning also 50 now but 60 future. How are they ranked behind Cingrani?

Wow, this is an interesting take. I'll be surprised if Buckley makes it past AA.

Turn Off Ads?