Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #18 prospect for 2013?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Buckley

0 0%
  • Drew Cisco

2 4.08%
  • Jacob Constante

0 0%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

2 4.08%
  • Jeff Gelalich

9 18.37%
  • Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

7 14.29%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

9 18.37%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Juan Perez

0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

9 18.37%
  • Sal Romano

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

0 0%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

6 12.24%
  • Ryan Wright

5 10.20%
  • Other (Please Name)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #18 prospect for 2013?

Re: Who is Redszone's #18 prospect for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Waldrop again. Solid improvement last year. Will be at high A in his 21 year old season. Have to hope for more development of the power but otherwise developing right as one would expect.
    I voted for him. His numbers are boring, but then again, there's nothing glaringly bad about them which counts for something. All he has to do is figure out how to put his power tool to use. Still plenty of time to figure it out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lamarre -- his athleticism is underappreciated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Soup View Post
    Lotzkar. This is easy people. If he's healthy, he will play a key role in the Reds' bullpen in the second-half the season. You read it hear first.
    I'm more interested in the type of career a guy may have than in how fast he will make it to the majors. I really think Gelalich is being dinged too much because of a couple of poor months playing with an injured hand. I don't know that he'll have a productive major league career, but I really don't see that the possibility of this happening has dropped as much as some think.

A fairly high ceiling is still there. We'll learn more in 2013.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

If Lotzkar is healthy, I think the move to the bullpen could give his career enough of a shot in the arm that he could contribute to the big league club in late 2013 or 2014.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

I know the ship has sailed and this isn't even the right thread, but Neftali Soto is too high on that list IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

Why do I still have to vote for Reynoso?
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Why do I still have to vote for Reynoso?
    Because he hasn't won a vote yet.

Tell you what, this is an interesting poll. The principals are so diverse. Gelalich is the pedigree draft pick who hasn't yet done anything. Reynoso is the toolsy project. Lotzkar is the guy everybody would love if only he could stay healthy (and last I read, he was uncertain whether he'd be ready to go in spring training). Wright is the plug-away ballplayer. Waldrop is under the radar. LaMarre just keeps edging along. Although they haven't yet made an impact in the voting, guys like Cisco, Garrett and Constante have their own prospect niches. Same with Romano and Perez. I think Smith and Selsky should be receiving more notice than they have. Quite a buffet.

Gelalich seems like LaMarre 2.0. Interesting that they're going head to head here.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Lamarre -- his athleticism is underappreciated here.
    Drew Stubbs agrees.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

This is one of the reasons this system is so much fun to follow.

There are literally 20 players that could blossom into B+/B prospects by this time next season and/or prove themselves as solid major leaguers.

Because there are a ton of guys that could do well, chances are that many of them will do well.

13. Likes:

Drugs Delaney (02-03-2013)

Turn Off Ads?