Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, RedsZone

They call me "chef"

Thank you, RedsZone

Dear RedsZone,

It fills me with great sadness to announce that I am officially retiring from posting. I hope to continue to read this forum as a guest and as a fan of the Cincinnati Reds (44 years and counting), and I thank you all for your friendships and support through the years.

Unfortunately, I can not say why I must leave, however, I ask that posters do not blame anyone for my retirement. This has nothing to do with any threatening PMs I have received from the administrators. This is a personal decision and the best thing you can do is accept it orderly and peacefully.

Perhaps one day we will meet each other on the Banks and we will share a beer. Until then, please keep posting and go Reds.

L.S.

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you, RedsZone

See ya, chef. I hope your best years are ahead of you. Your retirement is texasdave's fault, isn't it? Please send me a PM with your new account name when you're ready.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-01-2013),cincyinco (02-02-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Well, usually when I see a post by Larry Schuler I am like:

Now I am sad. Best wishes, bud.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-03-2013),camisadelgolf (01-31-2013),cincyinco (02-02-2013),Slyder (01-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    See ya, chef. I hope your best years are ahead of you. Your retirement is texasdave's fault, isn't it? Please send me a PM with your new account name when you're ready.
    If by "fault" you meant "crowning achievement"' then, yes, it was me. As to why I did it? Has anyone ever seen Larry Schuler and Tony LaRussa in the same place at the same time? Think about it.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

10. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-01-2013)

I always enjoyed your posts, had we had the THANKS feature since 2010,you would have received many thanks from me. Take care Larry.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

We can't miss you until you leave.

Seems overly dramatic to me. Starting an entire new thread just to tell people you are mad and quitting Redszone. Or maybe I am wrong and you lost your fingers in 'Nam.

Either way, why start a thread for this? Just quit posting and be done with it!

I don't really care if I "out" him, but he hasn't gone anywhere (except to register for a new user name). I post this because I find this tactic deceptive.

15. Likes:

919191 (02-05-2013),Red Buckeye (02-05-2013),Redsfan320 (02-05-2013),The Operator (02-12-2013)

For a Level Playing Field

Self-serving. Imagine that.

It will not take long to figure out the new user-name. This new person will THINK they are the resident comic at RZ. Do not quit the day job!

Do not take this is as being mean. I am trying to be cute and funny.

17. Likes:

Red Buckeye (02-05-2013)

I'm taking this opportunity to announce that I have no announcement to make

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I don't really care if I "out" him, but he hasn't gone anywhere (except to register for a new user name). I post this because I find this tactic deceptive.
    Yeah, and he was really tricky with his new name too!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Exactly. I always find it pathetic when someone gets there feelings hurt or loses in a message board fight and then feels the need to make it all about them and "quit" a message board, like it's a job or something.

DUDE IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD LOL

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yeah, and he was really tricky with his new name too!
    I suppose he wasn't trying to be tricky with his "old" username that had nothing to do with his first one (which was banned). Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Boss, I realize you think you know his new username, but Larry still hasn't sent me a PM, so I really doubt he has re-registered.

Turn Off Ads?