Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our New Members!

This is not the thread to debate the value of certain players; the thread title should be a dead giveaway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Welcome to our New Members!

Hi everyone, I have been a Reds fan for 60 years, ever since I saw my first game at old Crosley Field at the age of eight. Later on I was fortunate enough to get to work for the Reds organization as a security officer from 1990 through the 1995 season. This was the best job I ever had bar none! I got to meet a lot of ballplayers, umpires, and even the ever lovable Marge Schott. I have visited this website before reading the different threads, and you all seem to know and love the game, as well as the Reds. I look forward to having some very interesting conversations you all of you.

Hello-my name is Jeff. Have been a big Red fans since about 2003 when I started following baseball. Both my parents were big Red fans back in the day and I was jealous they got to watch Rose, Bench, Larkin, etc. in their primes. I look forward to just chatting about the Reds on here with other Reds fans!

Name is John, I'm more of a predominantly "twitter" based Reds fan, but I felt like I needed to maybe branch out a little and start getting to know a wider portion of the fan base. Canadian born and raised, so naturally I'm a Joey Votto apologist. Pete Rose is my favorite position player in baseball history, and just to really make everyone scratch their head, Pedro was my favorite pitcher growing up.

The MLB forums are a gong show, so I'm looking forward to actually having some engaging and inspired debates/conversations with the membership base over this way!

Hello everyone,
    I'm Sam in Ashland, Oregon. Been a Reds fan since 75.

Signed up a little while ago and realized I'd better start making some posts so I can rap with ya on the game threads every now and then. I travel a lot and don't always have internet access so my participation will be spotty...not unlike the Reds hitting as of late. Anyway, looks like a fun forum full of knowledge and humor, hopefully I can add to the content.

Hey fellow Reds fans!!! Glad to have found a well-run forum for our beloved Redlegs. Life-long Reds fan (since 1974) and have been attending games since the mid-70s thanks to parents who dragged me all the way from the mountains of east KY to Riverfront from an early age. I'm currently based in Louisville and get to enjoy numerous Bats games a year and like to follow the guys as they get called up.

Looking forward to joining the community here!

KBF
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

Hello.
    My Name is Jim. born in Portsmouth, Ohio. Life long Reds fan. Bengals Fan and Buckeye.

Live in Cleveland Tn. now between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Loved it when the Lookouts and Reds were affiliated. Seems like a cool site, just love to talk trades,player movement, game day posts.
    Pay It Forward

Hello everyone. I am an avid reds fan and like to talk reds baseball. This site appears to have a lot of information concerning the reds, so I wanted to join. I look forward to discussing reds baseball with you someday.

Hi, I moved to Dayton in 1968, when my dad (AF Officer) was stationed at Wright Patterson AFB. I became a Reds fan when you had only a few games a month on TV (Waite Hoyt), but you had WLW with Joe and Al Michaels. I got to see many games in high school, with my buddy Jim. I've followed the Reds from just north of Toledo, getting Directv back in the early 90's. I had weekend season tickets until my wife's medical condition made me cut back. We still go to at least two weekend series a year staying at a downtown hotel. I'm not here to complain about players, but I will defend my favorites if I don't agree with someone else's complaint. We have a very good team, that's been missing some key parts, yet is still in the playoffs at this point, so go Reds!
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

Welcome everyone, as has been said RZ is simply the best Reds site on the Internet. In fact I'll take it to another level I think it's the best site for sports and even the best of any kind for discussion in general, I mean think of virtually any topic then go do a search and your sure to find great discussion on it! Smart folks, good folks and fun folks abound here. Even after a decade plus of reading/posting here I still need to check in regularly to "get my fix". So I say welcome home, you'll never need another.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

12. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (09-30-2013)

Hey everyone, I'm Brian and have been a Reds fan since I can remember. I'm 43 now, and grew up watching the BRM with my Dad (thus the name). Was living out of the country for almost 10 years and so lost touch with everyday baseball but have become an avid fan of the Reds again in the last five years (coincidentally their ascent back to the top of the NL). I live in Denver now, but have gone to the Reds-Rockies games the last few years (saw the 2,500 hit game for Todd Helton recently). Big Votto, Phillips and Chapman fan (aren't we all). Will try and post more and add whatever I can to the discussion. Hoping for a World Series to discuss this year!

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-18-2013)

I'm Will and I grew up in Ohio but now live in Kentucky. I've been a Red's fan since birth, and have never been a 'fan' of another team. My favorite Red of all time is Barry Larkin, and I loved watching Johnny Bench's Baseball Bunch. I'm a member of creative writing forums and Bengals boards, but for some reason hadn't decided to join a Red's message board until now.

16. Likes:

daddylovesabby (11-27-2013)

Hi all. Roger here. I grew up in Dayton and have been a Reds fan my whole life. We used to get tickets from my parents' work and go down for a couple of games a year. My in-laws got us weekend tickets for Christmas last year, which has rekindled my lifelong love for the game and this team. Only a few more games until the post-season. Hopefully the team can win some postseason home games this year.
    Reds record for games attended in 2014: 11-3

Most memorable game attended this season:
    Cueto out-pitching Dickey with a 19 pitch/3 strikeout 9th inning by Chapman

Hello, my name is John jones and I currently live iin Columbus, Ohio. I am a huge Buckeyes, Bengals and starting to become more and more involved with the Reds (hence why i signed up for this site). I am currently in the IT field with Nationwide insurance as a network security engineer, which I LOVE doing (never thought I would actually love a job). I have a wife, two kids (boy, 6, girl, 3). Lets see... I served in the United states navy for almost 5 years where I did two tours over seas. I got to see ALOT of countries and meet a lot of great people. I am looking forward to giving my un-professional opinion on the Cincy reds from here on out. I look forward to chatting and getting to know you guys and gals (im sure there has to be some females on here, right?). Ooo yeah, hoping for one title before I die is all i ask as a devoted sports fan....

My name is Jared. I'm from Newberry, SC, 45 minutes northwest of Columbia. I'm a sophomore at the University of South Carolina. Been a Reds fan since I was about 11. Just joined today and looking forward to some great discussion in the ORG as we should have a very interesting offseason. Do I really have to wait 45 days before I can post in there??

Turn Off Ads?