Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our New Members!

Welcome to our New Members!

Hi all,

If you are new to the site, welcome to RedsZone.com. Please take some time to introduce yourself in the Introductions and Site Feedback forum.

If you did not read the initial private message and/or email that came from me, please do so. It's particularly important that you review the About Us section to understand our basic mission statement, as well as our expectations.

In January 2013, we made some site-level changes that are outlined here. The changes designated The Sun Deck (this forum) as the area for new members to get their feet wet. Those who are veterans of the site can post replies in this forum, but they cannot start new threads or partake in any discussion in the Sun Deck-specific Game Threads sub-forum. The purpose of these rules is to allow RedsZone veterans to mentor newer members, while also providing some degree of separation between member access in the Old Red Guard and Sun Deck forums.

Once you have been registered for 45 or more days AND have 50 or more posts, you will automatically be granted the ability to post in The Old Red Guard forum. At that point, the aforementioned Sun Deck restrictions will apply to you. Please note that only posts made in The Sun Deck (and not the Game Threads sub-forum) and Minor League Talk forums will count towards your post total.

If you have any questions, concerns or issues, you are always free to post them in the Introductions and Site Feedback forum.

From co-founders GIK and Boss-Hog, welcome to RedsZone.com.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Welcome to our New Members!

Hi my name is Phil(this is where you all say hi Phil)
    I have been a reds addict for about 14-17 years! However I have no urge to get off my urges so everyone needs to get off my back(father others who find sports no entertaining). Also from cental south Ohio, ya know Portsmouth? If not well go to google maps and the place u see a lot of trees! Well might not see the tree but it sure is green, maybe a white roof from here to there LOL.

Hi, my name is Trent and I've mainly a lurker, but have been registered for quite some time. I live in Dayton.

Glad to have Reds Zone. I've been reading here for about a decade but finally registered a year or so ago. I like the new policy. Probably never would have applied or anything, but I am well on my way to 50 posts. Looking forward to ORG posting privileges.

Hey, guys, lifelong Reds fan here. Won't be giving you my actual name, but I'm a recent graduate of the Ohio State University and thus a proud Buckeye, and I'm a happy resident of the great city of Columbus. I'm an obscure, struggling writer, and I have no illusions of self-importance as a result. Long time lurker, I recently joined after getting fed-up with the Reds message board I used to post on. I had a much better time reading the conversations on this site than I did actually posting on the other one. I've used redszone as a source for Reds news, as a filler for boredom, and as an educational resource (learned a great deal about the intricacies of sabremetrics from this site). I've always considered myself a stat head, something that probably sprung up as a result of my travel ball coach/father's stat-keeping and what not. I look forward to years worth of stimulating conversation and warm debate.

P.s: I think the merging of the boards is a great idea. Had it not been for that, I may have never joined.

If it were not for the eventual merging of the two boards, I highly doubt I would have ever started posting.

I'm also a Columbus, OH resident and a Buckeye. A lifelong Reds fan. When it comes to Ohio State football and Reds baseball, I cannot pick a favorite. It's safe to say I am DIE HARD when it comes to the two.

A majority of my formative years were spent rooting for Reds teams that included Jimmy Haynes and Joey Hamilton. We all remember the dark days. At one point, it was almost all I knew (I remember 99' and 00', very few bits and pieces of 95').

I technically joined a year ago but never returned as a poster. As a result, I still consider myself a new member. I have been a long-time lurker at RZ and look forward to contributing to this board.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Welcome guys. As an infrequent poster but longtime member of the ORG, I am happy to once again rub elbows with newer members of the board. This is by far the best site for Reds talk on the planet and is filled with knowledgable, witty, smart and lifelong fans.
    Witty signature.

I really wish the minor league forum posts counted...

Why the distinction?

I have no idea how many of my posts have been Sun Deck and how many have been in the minor league forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    I really wish the minor league forum posts counted...

Why the distinction?

I have no idea how many of my posts have been Sun Deck and how many have been in the minor league forum.
    Per the first post in this thread, they do count.

Hi, my name is Charles and i have been a Reds fan since mid. 50's. I live in Ringgold, Ga. about 20 miles south of Chattanooga. I have quite a few relatives
    in Cincinnati and they introduced me to the Reds when i was about 10. I use to listen to night games on WLW, but now i am able to get internet games plus i
    subscribe to the MLB package.

12. Likes:

fordman (02-18-2013),P.E.R#14 (03-11-2013),texasdave (02-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    Hi, my name is Charles and i have been a Reds fan since mid. 50's. I live in Ringgold, Ga. about 20 miles south of Chattanooga. I have quite a few relatives
    in Cincinnati and they introduced me to the Reds when i was about 10. I use to listen to night games on WLW, but now i am able to get internet games plus i
    subscribe to the MLB package.
    I used to live down in southwest GA and we could get wlw at night all the way down there as well. It was like a small slice of home in a very foreign land.

I've also been lurking around the Sundeck for a while. Most of my comments are in game threads so I have some work to do to reach my 50 and earn the right to participate this year. There have been, and still are, some really good posters on this board. My biggest problem is typing too slowly to keep up with most of you on the game thread. Hey bamatank, isn't Ringgold the wedding capital of the world?

Hey y'all, names Jeremy, from small town Arcola Illinois. Been a Reds fan since the days of Chris Sabo, Paul O'Neil and The Nasty Boys. Look forward to having a interesting conversation or two with y'all!

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-20-2013)

Hey guys My name is Kenny. Reds fan from Oklahoma(anytime I wear my Reds gear I get 20 questions about why I like the Reds). Glad to be a part of the forum.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-20-2013),daddylovesabby (11-27-2013)

Hi everyone--I'm reintroducing myself since feels right to do. I joined RZ just last year after lurking and have 160 posts so far but didn't engage during the off season.

Washington (DC) based Reds fan dating back more than 30 years. While the Reds have always been (and will always be) my #1 team, I adopted the Nationals as a #3 team when they moved here from Montreal. I was that lonely person in RFK the first few years when noone here cared. Of course, now everyone cares!

Hope the facts that I'm based in DC and don't engage so much during the off season don't make me too much persona non grata here. It's a super community for which I have a ton of respect.

I was just about to post some thoughts on comparing the Nats and Reds Opening Days when I realized I couldn't any longer start new threads on Sun Deck as I could last year. Then red the new rules from Jan about ORG and SD merging so I'm guessing I can start a thread now on ORG and will give that a try shortly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello (again for some). Though I'm not in the Ohio area, I travel for Reds baseball a few times each year (including the Nats series this coming weekend--can't wait!).

Hope you all had a great winter and really hope we hit this year and finally get back to LCS and beyond!
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

20. Likes:

90SeasonDreamin (10-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?