Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our New Members!

Re: Welcome to our New Members!

Hello all...my name is Mike....long time reader, first time poster.

Big Reds fan since 1975...I was a very impressionable 12 year old. I became a Reds and Steelers fan because everyone was that year! Lol. I have never strayed, win or lose.

I have been to Riverfront for in season games...saw Kevin Mitchell hit three homers including one in the Red Seats...yes, I called the shot. I also was at the 1990 World Series. I won the tickets in a phone lottery and tickets to all four home games...didn't need the last two...hehehe. Stayed for the parade and touched the trophy at Fountain Square. I also had tickets to Griffey's home opener vs Milwaukee. Rain out on the first day and a loss the following day. Probably a premonition, but Grif had 5 at bats and didn't hit the ball out of the infield. I have not been to the "new" stadium and usually catch a series in Cleveland or Pittsburgh every year as they are only 4 hours from me. I have met numerous players including Griffey, Rose, Larkin, O'Neill and my fave, "E", Eric Davis. I have great stories about these guys too. Another time though...

Enough of the long read...glad to be here and Go Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hello all... been a member for a little bit, lurk a lot and post once in a blue moon. If you need to recoup the costs of my membership, just charge it to the Underhill account.

Became a fan of the Reds when I attended a Reds game at Riverfront in the summer of 1978. Mario Soto and Eric Davis are my all-time favorite Reds. I have more attachment to the 1990 Reds team than the Big Red Machine. Enough about me - I don't want anyone thinking I'm bucking for a promotion like that pederast Hanrahan.

Hello,

Iīm from Germany (Freiburg) and got relatives in Cincinnati and Boston, I started to watch Baseball during my first trip to the united states (where I visited my cousins) I fell in love with the game (and of course the reds) and saw the reds one game at "home" and 2 years ago in Citi Field...

I can understand almost everything but Iīm not really good in writing your (english) language so I hope everyone can understand my english and overlooks my mistakes

Itīs hard to follow Baseball in Germany, because of the time change (6 hours) and the lack of interest most germans have to other sports (beside soccer).. So now the season starts => Iīm spending lots of hours at night watching the Reds

Your English is great. Don't know if you know this, but Donald Lutz, a top prospect for the Reds, is from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCocktoasten View Post
    Your English is great. Don't know if you know this, but Donald Lutz, a top prospect for the Reds, is from Germany.

yes I know, was really happy the moment the reds signed him in 2007... he didnīt play baseball until he was 15 or 16... itīs quiet impressiv how quick he became a good prospect...

I hope that heīll be the first german big leaguer, so baseball and of course the cincinnati reds will get some attention in the german media... There are a few other german prospects (Gronauer C for the mets and Kepler for the mets) that have (perhaps) a shot to see some time in the mlb...

Quick question: To comment during Game Threads, one must have over 50 posts over here? Just checking...

Thanks in advance.

You can post in the Sun Deck game thread sub-forum until you meet ORG requirements.

Kurt Stillwell Fan hairmetalfreek's Avatar

I will probably be more of a lurker, but may throw in a comment here and there. I'm a Reds fan who loves horror movies and rock music, as well as a few other genres.

Greetings all,

I am first and foremost a baseball fan, secondly I am a White Sox fanatic. That being said I like many teams and/or players. The Reds are my favorite NL team (and second favorite team behind the White Sox) every since i grew up watching the Big Red Machine of the 70s. just wanted to say hi!

11. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-08-2013),cumberlandreds (05-13-2013)

what do I have to do to read/start a thread?

I'm at 50 posts. Does that qualify me for The Old Red Guard board now? Or is there something else I need to do?

I promise I won't flame or cause any other trouble!

Hello all, My name is Bill. Longtime Reds fan and lurker, first time posting. Looking forward to getting involved in the discussion!

Hello all, my name is Tim, I've been a Reds fan since I was born in 77. My dad told me all the great stories from the time I could walk he says. My favorite player all time is Larkin, but I love Choo and hope he stays, he was the missing ingredient.

I'm stuck in Missouri right now for work. I work for AT&T. I love 80's hair bands and early 90's metal. I'm surrounded by Cardinal fans all day, and it's made me age 30 years since I've been here the last 8. Yadier Molina is the most overrated player in baseball, trust me, I know, I watch him and hear about him all the time. I don't know what Cardinal fans mean by thinking they're the best in baseball, but it makes me call in to work some days and fake being sick.

I'm recently divorced, so money is tight and I'm living in an apartment close to work. I have no doubt the Reds win it all this year or next with this group. Our only competition going forward will be the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMO View Post
    Hello all, my name is Tim, I've been a Reds fan since I was born in 77. My dad told me all the great stories from the time I could walk he says. My favorite player all time is Larkin, but I love Choo and hope he stays, he was the missing ingredient.

I'm stuck in Missouri right now for work. I work for AT&T. I love 80's hair bands and early 90's metal. I'm surrounded by Cardinal fans all day, and it's made me age 30 years since I've been here the last 8. Yadier Molina is the most overrated player in baseball, trust me, I know, I watch him and hear about him all the time. I don't know what Cardinal fans mean by thinking they're the best in baseball, but it makes me call in to work some days and fake being sick.

I'm recently divorced, so money is tight and I'm living in an apartment close to work. I have no doubt the Reds win it all this year or next with this group. Our only competition going forward will be the Pirates.

The best defensive catcher in the game, who's hitting .330, is the most overrated player in the game?

If baseball writers voted based on importance to the team and the league, and not solely on stats (like the did for catchers pre-Bench--ie. Ferrell, Schalk, Bresnahan..etc)--Yadier Molina would be making a case for the Hall of Fame.

There is not another catcher in the major leagues that I would take over Molina. He calls a great game, has the respect and leadership of his ball club, is becoming an offensive weapon, and has a rocket launcher for an arm.

He has been a key cog for two World Series teams and is a true baseball player.

Don Cameron
    The World's Most Interesting Man

Turn Off Ads?