Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our New Members!

Re: Welcome to our New Members!

Yeah Jared, but 45 days is gone quick! You'll be in the ORG in time forthe winter meetings, the January FA season, spring training and all of next season! Welcome aboard!
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't wait. How do I know when my 45 days is up?

As you can tell from my user name I am probably (just guessing) one of the older members on this forum. I became a Reds fan in 1961 at the age of 10. I grew up in N. Ky. and made many trips to Crosley Field where I saw Robinson, Pinson, O'toole, Jay, Freese, Kasko, Edwards, Coleman and many more. I used to listen to Waite Hoyt tell his stories during rain delays. I remember the glory days of the 70's, The Big Red Machine baby. And I remember the bad days of the past decade. Hopefully the Castellinis are in the process of restoring the glory. I now live in Lexington, Ky and come to Reds games as often as I can. I also love the Bengals and the Kentucky Wildcats (season ticket holder in football). I was one of the members of Cincinnati.com and I tired of all the childish bickering. I hope I can keep up with some of the great baseball minds here.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Reds Fan View Post
    As you can tell from my user name I am probably (just guessing) one of the older members on this forum. I became a Reds fan in 1961 at the age of 10. I grew up in N. Ky. and made many trips to Crosley Field where I saw Robinson, Pinson, O'toole, Jay, Freese, Kasko, Edwards, Coleman and many more. I used to listen to Waite Hoyt tell his stories during rain delays. I remember the glory days of the 70's, The Big Red Machine baby. And I remember the bad days of the past decade. Hopefully the Castellinis are in the process of restoring the glory. I now live in Lexington, Ky and come to Reds games as often as I can. I also love the Bengals and the Kentucky Wildcats (season ticket holder in football). I was one of the members of Cincinnati.com and I tired of all the childish bickering. I hope I can keep up with some of the great baseball minds here.
    Well, welcome! Glad to have another old guy aboard! Especially one older than me...there are a few of us old timers but the young guys on this board keep us sharp and updated - but its nice to have some guys who can remember Crosley and guys like Bell (the original one) and MacMillan and Brosnan and Smoky...I can just defer to you when one of the "youngsters" asks what it feels like to know the end is approaching...(yes its been asked)
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Well, welcome! Glad to have another old guy aboard! Especially one older than me...there are a few of us old timers but the young guys on this board keep us sharp and updated - but its nice to have some guys who can remember Crosley and guys like Bell (the original one) and MacMillan and Brosnan and Smoky...I can just defer to you when one of the "youngsters" asks what it feels like to know the end is approaching...(yes its been asked)
    Thanks RLJ. Don't send any of those "youngsters" my way. I'm not planning to go anywhere for a good long time (knock on wood).

Hi everybody. I'm a Cardinals fan and live in Indiana about halfway between St Louis and Cincy. Hence the name. I've been lurking on this forum for a few years now and am impressed by the civility and baseball knowledge of posters. I've finally decided to get my feet wet.

Hi everyone I'm from south point new to this group. My name is Richard I have been a reds fan all my life my 2 favorite players Johnny Bench and my all time favorite Ken Griffey Jr. He was a great player who got hurt and a lot of reds fans turned on him but his injuries were on the field not out doing something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    I'm Will and I grew up in Ohio but now live in Kentucky. I've been a Red's fan since birth, and have never been a 'fan' of another team. My favorite Red of all time is Barry Larkin, and I loved watching Johnny Bench's Baseball Bunch. I'm a member of creative writing forums and Bengals boards, but for some reason hadn't decided to join a Red's message board until now.
    Loved the baseball bunch that is why I became a fan.

Growing up I used to think baseball was boring so I never followed. Back in 2009 I went to my first game at GABP and fell in love. There's just something about being at the ballpark. I've been a diehard Reds fan ever since and I go to at least 20 games a year and never miss a FSO/WLW broadcast.

I have a problem...

PS I'm not a fan of the 50 post + 45 day waiting period! I've proven myself on r/Reds

reddit? I doubt many on here have any idea what that is. To date I've only met one fellow redditor in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    reddit? I doubt many on here have any idea what that is. To date I've only met one fellow redditor in the wild.
    Oh, /u/JoshBresser. We hardly knew thee.

This is a little late for this but oh well.

Ohio-native here, currently living in Florida (ie, the surface of the sun).

Grew up watching Cincinnati Reds games in old Riverfront Stadium during the 90's.
    Caught a Mark McGwire batting practice home run ball in 1998 in that stadium.

Fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    This is a little late for this but oh well.

Ohio-native here, currently living in Florida (ie, the surface of the sun).

Grew up watching Cincinnati Reds games in old Riverfront Stadium during the 90's.
    Caught a Mark McGwire batting practice home run ball in 1998 in that stadium.

Fun times.
    Also late arrival to this thread myself. Hello All, been here since October 2013. Glad I found this forum which appears to be a very mature discussion about our Reds and baseball in general...something I'm sure most of have been searching for in forums.

I'm a Louisville native, been watching Reds for 30+ years, along with the minor league prospects come through the system in person, which is always fun.

Look forward to the rest of this offseason and Opening Day 2014. Go Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Glad to see a few fellow redditors on this forum. I've been active on /r/reds for a couple of years now, and while it's a great sub, I've found through many months of lurking that discussions on RedsZone get into much greater detail and the community is substantially more active than /r/reds. Especially during the offseason.

I've been registered here for a while and I recently moved from Ohio to Arizona. Consequently, my daily Reds discourse has lapsed dramatically. Looking forward to getting fully immersed in this forum to help fill the void.

Hi I'm Jay and been a Reds fan for 34 years. Went to Cooperstown to see my all time favorite red Larkin get inducted. Live in the Hoosier state!

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-06-2014)

Turn Off Ads?