Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Welcome to our New Members!

Re: Welcome to our New Members!

Always good to have more Hoosiers. Too many Cards and Cubs fans in this state.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-06-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Hello all, oddly enough I am George, I am architect residing in New York City. I a grew up in a suburb outside of Indianapolis and have been a huge Red fan since my childhood. I'm glad I finally found a Reds baseball forum. I miss the good old days of the Big Red Machine, but our future is looking bright. I really love this young pitching staff and am looking forward to chatting with all of you during this 2014 campaign!!!! GO REDS!!!!!!!
    Steven, nothing is higher than an architect.

Any other new members in the Tampa/St Pete area?

Here's hoping the Reds play the Rays sometime
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Welcome.

Kevin here in the Dayton area. Been a Reds fan since growing up listening to Joe and Marty in my dad's truck

I grew up listening to Wait Hoyt and many a rainy summer afternoon was spent listening to a great story-teller.

Seats at Crosley Field were $2.00 and the bleachers were even less.

Fast forward for 60 plus years I am still a fan although I live in a city where their baseball team is a religious cult - Saint Louis.

Tony here. Lifelong (OK, since age 6), diehard Reds fan here. Went through the highs of the Big Red Machine in the '70s, the 1990 Wire To Wire squad, the lows of the 1982-84/2001-2009 seasons, to today's team. It feels strange staying connected to my beloved club, as I now live out of state. I thank you for this forum.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

Welcome guys!

Jack here from across the Atlantic in Scotland. I had a friend who moved to the Terrence Park(?) area of Cincy in '06 and visited on '07. Caught a Reds game while I was over and have been a fan ever since.

Affable Opponent

Hi, Jack! Even though I'm a Cards fan, I am still quite fond of Scotland (served at Holy Loch during the 80's) Plan on coming back when I retire in a couple of years!

Quote Originally Posted by TDogg View Post
    Hi, Jack! Even though I'm a Cards fan, I am still quite fond of Scotland (served at Holy Loch during the 80's) Plan on coming back when I retire in a couple of years!

Other side of the country as i'm from Edinburgh but have heard of it. Great place to come on a holiday and a must do.

Affable Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Other side of the country as i'm from Edinburgh but have heard of it. Great place to come on a holiday and a must do.
    Great! I will definitely stop in Edinburgh. Been to Aberdeen and Glasgow, but not Edinburgh yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TDogg View Post
    Great! I will definitely stop in Edinburgh. Been to Aberdeen and Glasgow, but not Edinburgh yet.
    Edinburgh is definately the prettier of the 3... But maybe that's just a bias.

I guess I'm "new" here. Been a fan since 74'ish, been reading everyone's stuff here since this place existed, but reg'd in '08 and didn't post at all. Have been on another site, which has become soooo toxic that I've decided to come here where most of the banter is more in line w/ my type of personality.

Just joined today, after hearing the site mentioned on a Cardinals' forum (was wanting to see what the enemy thought about the game).

Have been going to Reds games every summer since I was in diapers. Fell asleep countless nights listening to Marty and Joe call a west coast game. Loved going to Riverfront then, love GABP now. Took my wife to a Reds game on one of our first ever dates. Have now started a new generation of Reds fans with my 3 kids.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-13-2015)

Turn Off Ads?