Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Plans For Opening Day 2013?

Re: What Are Your Plans For Opening Day 2013?

I'll be there for my first ever Opening Day. Told all my professors on the first day of this semester that I won't be there on April 1 no matter what.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

In a stunning coincidence, I've been sick every single Opening Day for the last 7 years.

Guessing it'll be the same this year. Sorry, boss.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I'll be in Cincy. Probably wandering around some side street with a flask somewhere.

edit: until the game comes on. Then I'll find somewhere to watch it. With my flask.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Funny, but I don't get that cranked up over Opening Day.

Don't get me wrong, I like it and it's exciting. But for me, it's more the anticipation of what's to come. Every Reds season is like a book waiting to get written.
    I feel the same way, Roy. I will be at work watching GameCast on my computer when I can. I used to 1/2 day it every year and watch the game at home. The last time I did this was when umpire John McSherry passed away during the 1996 OD game. That whole incident was so weird that I have never done it since. I also felt that the REDS stood a better chance to win if I did not watch and felt like I wasted a 1/2 day of vacation if they lost (which seemed to be most of the time in those days). You die-hards can relate to the weird things that your brain does to you in order to get a REDS win. lol

I live 3.5 hours away. I will be there in spirit, but if all goes right, I will be there for the second game of the season.

I'll be at the game watching a potential World Series preview.

looking to attend my fourth consecutive opening day- can't wait to see Trout play live.

If I can get tickets: I'll be there

If I can't get tickets: I'll be there
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post
    If I can get tickets: I'll be there

If I can't get tickets: I'll be there

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

This is going to be my first Opening Day since 2003 that I wasn't at the stadium. I'm going to fall short of my 10th straight opening day. My wife is finishing up her masters, we have only one income. So I have to sacrifice this. I'll watch the game on television--going to give myself that day off work. Probably will watch the Nationals at 1:00, Reds at 4:00 is a given and hopefully whoever is on at 7:00 and 10:00.

I will watch MLB network up until about 12:30. It is a holiday for me for sure.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

part of BBN

I work in inventory and have a great boss who lets me start early if I want. On a normal OD, it would be so tempting hitting the snooze button at 3 AM, realizing however, if I didnt get started by 5 AM , I would not be off in time for game.
    Usually I hit the floor much like Stallone looks in Rocky when the alarm goes off......and stumble around room (not drinking the eggs though )before letting some coffee wake me up and I can get on my way.
    This year with the late start time, I will be off from work after a normal 8 hour day and available for TV viewing !

I had to take off my shoes and socks to count that high, but I was mistaken. This is my 50th season as a Reds fan, not 49,
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Last year, the day before, my boss handed me a ticket and thanked me for doing a good job.

I'd be cool with that again

With the banks now rockin', who knows, I may be down there anyway.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I've been to at least 5 openers, maybe more. I'm getting old, tired and grumpy. I'll be watching it on the talking box with a diet Pepsi in hand and one or more fat furry mammals on my lap.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Well we ordered our Power Pack tickets this morning, so my wife & I will once again be taking in the festivities in the old ballyard. I'll likely go downtown for the parade and she'll drive in with one of the attorneys from her office and meet me there. I can't even count how many Opening Days this is now. I know I missed a couple, especially after GABP opened and tickets were harder to come by. But it's coming up close to 30, I think. Woohoo! Can't wait for pitchers & catchers to report (and to see this year's P&C's reporting illustration from my daughter - she's been giving us teasers and looks like this year, it will feature various current players; I've seen BP and Joey thus far).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?