Turn Off Ads?

Thread: flu bug

flu bug

Curious how many of my fellow Redszoners have been struck down with the flu bug. I've been ravaged tonight, and hope it's a short term thing, but most people I seem to know in my area have been gripped with it a few days at least. How have all of you fared?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: flu bug

I got the two-day bug in early January but have been doing well since then aside from the copious amounts of phlegm (smoking a bunch hasn't helped--even if I'm not talking about cigarettes necessarily).

For a Level Playing Field

Got it WED January 2 at 12:30 am when I woke up in a sweat and ran to the bathroom to vomit. 103 temperature for the next two days. I laid on the couch covered up and it felt like I did a triathalon just to roll over. The fever finally broke on FRI morning. It took me two more days to get my physical strength back. I have never felt so physically depleted in my entire life and will say it was the worst flu I have ever had. 20+ years out of college and it was the first time I have ever missed more than 1 day of work due to illness. It SUCKED (hope I can say that since I am not referring to a player lol).

I have heard there are two types out there. The one I described above and one that is more of a stomach thing (vomiting and diarrhea, but no fever). I hope whatever you have is something that leaves quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Got it WED January 2 at 12:30 am when I woke up in a sweat and ran to the bathroom to vomit. 103 temperature for the next two days. I laid on the couch covered up and it felt like I did a triathalon just to roll over. The fever finally broke on FRI morning. It took me two more days to get my physical strength back. I have never felt so physically depleted in my entire life and will say it was the worst flu I have ever had. 20+ years out of college and it was the first time I have ever missed more than 1 day of work due to illness. It SUCKED (hope I can say that since I am not referring to a player lol).

I have heard there are two types out there. The one I described above and one that is more of a stomach thing (vomiting and diarrhea, but no fever). I hope whatever you have is something that leaves quickly!
    That is not the flu but Noro-virus, and it is sweeping the nation right now.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I had it right before New Years, and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Pflegm, runny nose, sinus headache, sore throat.

I hated ever second of it.

An 8th-grader in Miamisburg caught the flu on Jan. 23 and died Thursday.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...rom-flu/nWC5d/

It started out with sinus headaches, ear aches, and tiredness, and then last night vomiting and diarrhea hit, but no fever. Which I thought was weird. I feel like crap, but at least good enough to function. Horrible about to people passing away, I can't imagine.

If you are vomiting, its not the flu.

Or, at least, its not JUST the flu.

The flu won't make you vomit.

I enjoy a good vomit from time to time.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I caught it a week or two before Christmas, on a Sunday. Had everything bigred mentioned, including really bad shivers. The first 2-3 days were hell, but I was able to return to my regular activities, including going to the gym, within the next week.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Got the shot. No flu here. No cold or anything either (knock on wood).
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?