Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Redzone All-star Thread thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Redzone All-star Thread thread

With the recent merging and retooling of redszone marking a time to look forward (it's the third version since I've been here and I'm still a newbie compared to many redzoners), this also seems like a good time to look back at some of the great threads that have allowed redszone to have such a long internet life.

My absolute favorite place in redszone is the archives. Lets use this thread to "bump" some of the high-quality discussion threads of the past that make up redszone's history.

This thread isn't about "gotcha" moments or personalities. It's about great content and discussion. A drawback of the archives is that they are a bit frustrating to search. I'm hoping that this thread can be used to highlight some of the most interesting threads from the past and thus be an easily accessible one-stop shop for hours of fun reading, often from voices of the past that don't post so much anymore.

Here's some more or less random candidates (i.e. things I happen to be rereading this morning) just to start things off:

Raisor's Pyth Thm of Baseball and the Nationals

Strike out = to any other out?

Marty Brennaman slams Adam Dunn.....again.

Dont look now-Dunn having the year we always hoped for

Bowden shopping John Patterson and Nick Johnson

Tracking Adam Dunn on the All-Time Career Homerun List

Again, this is just a random sampling of stuff, I'm reading this morning. There are truly many GREAT golden nuggets in the archives. How about it-who wants to help unearth them again?

If you have some favorites or stumble across something great when doing a search, please post a link in this thread too.
    Last edited by jojo; 02-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?