Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

  1. #1
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,716

    Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Reds are 12th.

    This is ESPN Insider (premium link):

    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...rm-systems-mlb


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Mikey likes it!
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Reds are 12th.

    This is ESPN Insider (premium link):

    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...rm-systems-mlb

    Other than the fact that I root for the reds over the cardinals....

    Yeah. I think the Cardinals farms system probably is in better shape than the reds farm system. The reds farm system has put a huge amount of talent into the major league club and trades over the last couple years and the cupboard is a little bare.

    Now if he thinks the cardinals have the best major league roster in baseball and the reds are 12th, he's just plain nuts.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

  5. #4
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,322

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    I am not sure why the thumbs down. That seems pretty accurate. Think about all of the talent the Reds have traded away and graduated in the last 15 months. The system isn't what is used to be, but that is to be expected given what they have done with it.

  6. Likes:

    CySeymour (02-05-2013)

  7. #5
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Other than the fact that I root for the reds over the cardinals....

    Yeah. I think the Cardinals farms system probably is in better shape than the reds farm system. The reds farm system has put a huge amount of talent into the major league club and trades over the last couple years and the cupboard is a little bare.

    Now if he thinks the cardinals have the best major league roster in baseball and the reds are 12th, he's just plain nuts.
    I think what Law is saying is that rumors of the Cardinals demise due to age are not true, to the chagrin of some of the posters here on this board who spread that rumor.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  8. #6
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,296

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am not sure why the thumbs down. That seems pretty accurate. Think about all of the talent the Reds have traded away and graduated in the last 15 months. The system isn't what is used to be, but that is to be expected given what they have done with it.
    I was under the impression that any Non-negative Keith Law post gets auto stamped with a thumbs down.

  9. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

  10. #7
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,322

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I was under the impression that any Non-negative Keith Law post gets auto stamped with a thumbs down.
    Haha. I can't say I completely disagree with that impression.

  11. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

  12. #8
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I was under the impression that any Non-negative Keith Law post gets auto stamped with a thumbs down.
    haha he is by far one of the most arrogant people I've ever heard giving an interview.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  13. #9
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,152

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Heck, at this point I'm pretty happy with a number 12 ranking, given the trades the Reds made last year. The restocking seems to be going well (and Billy H doesn't hurt matters.) And from all I've heard, the Cardinals have a nice system right now.

    As for Keith Law, I've got to the point that I hate it when I agree with him because he comes across as such a jerk. His dismissive replies to people on Twitter are infuriating. And yet I haven't unfollowed him.

  14. Likes:

    RBA (02-04-2013), remdog (02-04-2013)

  15. #10
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,348

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Mikey likes it!
    You homer.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  16. #11
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    This doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I'll go as far as to suggest that, if anything, the Cards farm system rankings have been been too low for so long, when you factor in the fact that - especially during WJ's tenure - the Cards have always been able to:

    1) Turn products of a supposed "weak" system into key trade components.

    2) Fill holes internally without missing a beat.

    Granted, some have flamed out quickly - Bo Hart, for example - But the fact that several Card prospects over the last decade or so have progressed through the system so quickly leads me to believe that the "experts" were unable to accurately gauge the individual talent within the system.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  17. Likes:

    remdog (02-04-2013)

  18. #12
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I'll go as far as to suggest that, if anything, the Cards farm system rankings have been been too low for so long, when you factor in the fact that - especially during WJ's tenure - the Cards have always been able to:

    1) Turn products of a supposed "weak" system into key trade components.

    2) Fill holes internally without missing a beat.

    Granted, some have flamed out quickly - Bo Hart, for example - But the fact that several Card prospects over the last decade or so have progressed through the system so quickly leads me to believe that the "experts" were unable to accurately gauge the individual talent within the system.
    haha you had to bring up Bo Hart. There are still people in Cardinals nation that love that guy for the month or so of production he put up.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  19. Likes:

    NCCardfan (02-04-2013)

  20. #13
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,792

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    haha you had to bring up Bo Hart. There are still people in Cardinals nation that love that guy for the month or so of production he put up.
    I still remember that. His Ballyhoo/WAR ratio has to rank among the greatest in MLB history.

  21. #14
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,915

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    I always think about how he was talking that jive about Harang when he was a legit Cy Young candidate
    Most Vottomatic Player

  22. #15
    Arbiter of Good Taste OGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: Keith Law ranks Cardinals No. 1 farm system in MLB

    I don't care for Law either, but I'm frankly impressed to see the twelfth ranking. It seemed in past uears like he undervalued our system in his rankings.
    From his write up, I get the impression that he must really like Cingrani, which certainly isn't true of all analysts, and he really liked last year's draft.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25