Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #18 prospect for 20139

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Buckley

    1 2.08%
  • Drew Cisco

    2 4.17%
  • Jacob Constante

    0 0%
  • Tim Crabbe

    0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

    0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

    3 6.25%
  • Jeff Gelalich

    13 27.08%
  • Brodie Greene

    0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

    9 18.75%
  • Jonathan Moscot

    0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

    0 0%
  • Juan Perez

    0 0%
  • Josh Ravin

    0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

    11 22.92%
  • Sal Romano

    0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

    0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

    1 2.08%
  • Juan Silva

    0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

    0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

    6 12.50%
  • Ryan Wright

    2 4.17%
  • Other (Please name)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

  1. #16
    Member powersackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Waldrop and Ryan Wright are my 2 breakout players for 2013.
    Good call
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,564

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    I've had Waldrop as my breakout all along, although I also think we'll see a breakout from Yorman, and at this time next year, our system will be ranked higher because of these two guys.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    280

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Wright
    Waldrop
    Y Rodriguez
    Langfield
    Mejias-Brean
    Vidal
    B Greene
    Soto
    Winker
    Rahier
    Gelalich
    Buckley

    will ALL have monster seasons, sky rocket up prospect rankings and no doubt increase our system's depth, talent and ranking. Health is the biggest factor. We literally have 20-30 players who could turn out to have an impact in our organization

  5. #19
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    I don't expect much from Ryan Wright other than somewhere between Valaika and Frazier. He's that same mold, IMO.

  6. #20
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I don't expect much from Ryan Wright other than somewhere between Valaika and Frazier. He's that same mold, IMO.
    There is a formidable chasm between Todd Frazier and Chris Valaika. But yea, not expecting expecting any monster season from Ryan Wright.

  7. #21
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    There is a formidable chasm between Todd Frazier and Chris Valaika. But yea, not expecting expecting any monster season from Ryan Wright.
    That's true. I should clarify I mean when they were both around high A a while back. Valaika just disappeared in AAA.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    280

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Reds website prospect list:

    Lotzkar-6
    Wright-7
    Buckley-8
    Sal Romano-9

    NO Barnhart, Vidal, Yorman, Lutz, B Greene, Rahier, Buckley, Reynoso, Moscot in the Top 20 for the Reds. This list is a bit diff compared to the organizational prospect rankings

  9. #23
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    That's true. I should clarify I mean when they were both around high A a while back. Valaika just disappeared in AAA.
    Strange how that one turned out. He basically went from power hitting second basemen to utterly irrelevant overnight. Minor league stats are fickle beast.

  10. #24
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Will continue to vote for Amir Garrett. He is the big-armed wild card with a TOR ceiling but a very low floor as well. I will take a guy who has a slim shot at being a star over a bunch of guys who have no shot at being anything more than fringe major leaguer 25th man types.

    Gelalich and Reynoso have some real potential, but they are miles away from achieving it just like Garrett is. If only Garrett would give up basketball and devote himself to a sport where he has a real chance of having a solid career.

  11. #25
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Will continue to vote for Amir Garrett. He is the big-armed wild card with a TOR ceiling but a very low floor as well. I will take a guy who has a slim shot at being a star over a bunch of guys who have no shot at being anything more than fringe major leaguer 25th man types.

    Gelalich and Reynoso have some real potential, but they are miles away from achieving it just like Garrett is. If only Garrett would give up basketball and devote himself to a sport where he has a real chance of having a solid career.
    I can see a case for him at this point, but I'm not sure I'm getting the hype on Garret yet. You would think he was an outright flamethrower the way people talk about him, but all I've read is that he "touches" 95. He's got a lot to prove if that's the case. There's upside there for sure, but some of the Price and Chapman comparisons being thrown around on him seem ridiculous.

  12. #26
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,494

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Reds website prospect list:

    Lotzkar-6
    Wright-7
    Buckley-8
    Sal Romano-9

    NO Barnhart, Vidal, Yorman, Lutz, B Greene, Rahier, Buckley, Reynoso, Moscot in the Top 20 for the Reds. This list is a bit diff compared to the organizational prospect rankings
    That list is NOT from this year.

    Edit: Maybe it is. But that list is TERRBILE if it is actually up to date. Sean Buckley isn't close to a Top 10 prospect. He has one above-average tool, power. Production? He has none to this point. He strikes out a ton. He doesn't walk much. And he should be repeating Dayton in 2013 after hitting .244/.307/.420 there last season.

    If you want to look at mainstream websites for prospect rankings, use this order:
    Baseball America/Baseball Prospectus - you can't go wrong with either
    John Sickels - MinorLeagueBall.com
    ESPN








    MLB.com

    To be frank, I like Jonathan Mayo. He is a truly nice guy. But there is no convincing me that Sean Buckley is even a Top 25 prospect in this system.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 02-06-2013 at 05:54 PM.

  13. #27
    KungFu Fighter AtomicDumpling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I can see a case for him at this point, but I'm not sure I'm getting the hype on Garret yet. You would think he was an outright flamethrower the way people talk about him, but all I've read is that he "touches" 95. He's got a lot to prove if that's the case. There's upside there for sure, but some of the Price and Chapman comparisons being thrown around on him seem ridiculous.
    Well I agree that Garrett is not a fantastic prospect, only that he has more upside than the rest of the guys remaining in this poll. I don't think that Garrett should have been in the Top 10, but we are voting for #19 here. Garrett has not played much baseball in his life. He has not even begun to touch his potential yet. Hopefully, once he concentrates year-round on baseball and gets a lot of coaching he can make a big leap into true prospect status.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.

  14. #28
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect for 2013?

    I'm just shocked that this spambot uses ICQ.


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25